We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car agencies in Arusha

central US
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental car agencies in Arusha

I need a car or small jeep. What are the reputable rental car agencies in Arusha? What are their websites/names?

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car agencies in Arusha

This has a few places to check out-

http://tinyurl.com/3xopno

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car agencies in Arusha

Hi

Here another one :-) www.fortescarhire.com

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car agencies in Arusha

There are few rental agencies such as Avis or Hertz there. And most rental places are in Dar es Salaam. But Fortes is the most well known there, and I think Achnab had their web site. Expect to pay about $150 a day plus a km charge and if you go outside town they may ask you to hire a driver. It's difficult to drive in Tanzania as the roads are not marked. It's not I-75 or anything close. And the most important thing is that if you take a driver that he be a good mechanic to get you back, that will become important as the roads tear apart a vehicle and a good mechanic will be able to make on the spot repairs to get you to somewhere in order to repair the vehicle. I've been stuck in the bush for days getting repairs caused by the bad roads. So when you go out on your own you need to be flexible on where you'll be at certain times.

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car agencies in Arusha

If you are getting a car for use around Arusha Town, then you might also consider just hiring a taxi for the day. Look for a good-looking taxi (they're mostly white in Arusha) and make sure it looks to be in excellent shape. Then speak with the driver, explaining that you'll pay for all fuel and what you want to do. You will probably need to be a strong negotiator to get a good price but that's another option if you are staying in and very near to Arusha. I would think you could get a taxi for something like 30,000 - 40,000 T Sh per day plus fuel.

5. Re: Rental car agencies in Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:20