We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

Chapel Hill, NC
9 posts
Save Topic
Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

hi everyone--

I'm taking a 20-person study abroad, student group to Africa, and we'll be spending a few days in Arusha at the ICTR. We have 1 day to spend at Arusha Nat'l Park, and I would like a really good tour company to take us. Can anyone recommend some Arusha Nat'l Park tour operators that you've really liked?

Thanks!!

Dee

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

Dee, any safari operator can do this for you. You might want to try Park East Africa (www.parkeastafrica.com) or Base Camp Tanzania (www.basecamptanzania.com).

The ICTR will be closing down next year I believe.

Chapel Hill, NC
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

hi Karl--thanks for the info.

yes, I know aboput the ICTR closing--we're going this year, in mid-May, then on to Rwanda, and then to the International Crim Crt in The Hague.

--Dee

Bruxelles, Belgium
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

when I was in Arusha NP I very much enjoyed the canoeining on one of the momella lakes

in case, ask yout tour operator to arrenge it

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

try:

www.basecamptanzania.com

www.tanzania-experience.com

www.abrojaleyafrica.com

www.greenfootprint.co.tz

I've day day trips (arusha national park x 3, tarengeri, creator) with three of these and the other is well recommended.

Have fun

Just to remember, please tell the 20 people to cover there shoulders and dress smart casual for the court. Also some (most) Fridays there is no court.

Chapel Hill, NC
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

thanks for the info!

yes, I've been to the ICTR court before, so I'll advise them about dress, etc.

Chapel Hill, NC
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

that's a fabulous idea--I will def request it!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

I also forgot to mention, you use another entrence now.

Instead of using the "front" across from the morgue (Maasai Cafe) and where all the No Hooting/photo/ dropping off(!) signs are.

You go the tar road is. Approx half way between the old front entrence and the round about with all the concreat animals are. You will know the street as it has a huge AICC sign with safari company names all over it.. You can also slip through to Via Via for food through this road.

8. Re: Tour operator recs, Arusha Nat'l Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 05:19