We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

San Francisco
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

I'm new at this site & still figuring out how to use it. I want to book a room at the Hotel Flamingo in Arusha, which is reviewed here, but can't figure out how to do it. I don't see any online facility for that, or any contact info (phone, address, website, email, etc) for the hotel, nor can I find any of this via Web searches or Expedia, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

I don't know if this is a good telephone number or not, but it's worth a try. +255 2548812 This would be a land line.

Outside that I would contact a safari operator in Arusha and see if they won't make the booking for you. They may charge you a bit to do this, but at 20,000 Tsh for a single it couldn't be too much. If you don't want to do that then I would just go there when you get there and see if they have a room, if they don't there's a lot of hotels in Arusha.

As for an address is on Makongoro Road and Kikuyu Street right across from the Arusha Declaration Museum and the Mwenge Monument roundabout, which is also closeby the stadium and not too far from the bus station. This is a budget hotel.

San Francisco
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

Thanks Karl. I'm kind of amazed how quickly I got a reply on this. The number didn't work, but I may follow up on your other suggestions. Nice to know that hotel rooms are likely to be available when I get there. Wasn't sure about that, given that Arusha apparently has a brisk tourist industry. Craig

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

Craig.... Someone you might want to contact to see if they could stop by and make a booking for you, send Armstrong Nyaka an e-mail and ask him if he would make a booking for you and give him the time you will be there at the Flamingo. His e-mail address is armnyaka@yahoo.com Ask him to stop by and give him a tip for doing this for you. He'll probably do it for you. He's a very resourceful man and knows many in Arusha.

Hagerman, Idaho
Level Contributor
759 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

Hotel availability will largely be based on the time of year you are going there although with the budget places you should have better luck with finding someplace when you get there. Make a list of places before hand-dont rely on for example a taxi driver-to take you someplace or you will wind up in flycatcher paradise. Backpackers paradise (at L Oasis Lodge) often has availablity, is similarly priced, but with a good breakfast and a really nice pool/bar area.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

Flamingo is rite near a Mosque. Great location but can be a bit noisey s I do agree with Serval about L'Oasis. And they have a pool.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293747-i9226-k305…

Here is an email for Flamingo: flamingoarusha@yahoo.com

6. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 11:45
7. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 10:40
8. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 10:58
Istanbul, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

Hi there, flamingoarusha@yahoo.com works! I have made a reservation by using this address.

Elif Senem

10. Re: Hotel Flamingo - how do i book it?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 05:16