We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb question about JRO exit fees

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manitoba
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Dumb question about JRO exit fees

Will I have to pay an exit fee at JRO when returning home on my KLM flight to Amsterdam? I can't seem to get a straight answer - have seen posts saying no extra fee as is incorporated in the ticket and others saying a fee of $35-ish US. Help? I want to make sure I have enough cash at the end to pay. Thanks!

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumb question about JRO exit fees

I was ask your operator and then do what he/she says

nyc
Level Contributor
14,473 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumb question about JRO exit fees

If you have a privately purchased (unlike those bought thru some group tour operators) your own KLM airline ticket, the "departure fee" should already be included in the price paid. This can be confirmed by contacting KLM. Or check the details of the ticket (many show codes and prices for each of the taxes/fees included on top of the base ticket price.)

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dumb question about JRO exit fees

I've probably flown out of JRO on KLM more than a 15 times in the last 10 years. I've never paid a dime to get out of the country, unless you count the beer I bought.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dumb question about JRO exit fees

Thanks to all!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dumb question about JRO exit fees

There was a time not all that long ago when you had to pay a $10 exit fee (I think it was for the security fee which was imposed after 2001) and they hadn't got it set up in the ticket prices yet. This was discontinued after they began collecting it in your ticket taxes. Perhaps the posts which you have read were from the time that they were collecting this at the gate. I probably had to pay this fee 2 or 3 times, but not in the last 6 or 6 years.

6. Re: Dumb question about JRO exit fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 06:17