We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight from Dar to JRO?

wi
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
flight from Dar to JRO?

It seems Air Tanzania and Precision Air are unavailable for online booking. Do I simply wait till I land in Dar to book that flight? Any ideas? thanks!

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

There are other airlines and there are ways to find local travel agents to book flights for you.

Also note that there are two airports up north: JRO (Kilimanjaro) and ARK (Arusha). If you destination is Arusha, then ARK is probably better. If Moshi is your destination, JRO is probably better. Not all airlines service both airports.

Try Coastal Aviation - they seem to do well online.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,472 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

Uness I am mistaken not only don't AirTanzania 'not do well ONline' I don't think they do too well at all. Are they still flying?

As Brian says coastal www.coastal.cc are very efficient and if your destination is a Safari their network is what you should use.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

The best and cheapest option for online booking is Fly 540.

check it out at www.fly540.com

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,402 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

Air Tanzania does have flights, you can't book them online. They are pretty unreliable and I would be using somebody else.

Precision Air, Coastal Air, Zan Air, even Fly 540 and others.

Edited: 26 April 2010, 11:21
Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

I would not use Air Tanzania, they have maintenance problems.

Precision Air will book online, but you may need to call them also.

Coastal Air can be booked online.

I have booked Precision Air and Coastal Air online and paid for the ticket on arrival sometimes.

wi
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

thanks all! exactly what I wanted to hear! I saw coastal air, but wasn't sure if they were legit!

wi
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

disregarding money, as safety rules for me, would you book a flight with Coastal, ZanAir or Fly540? thanks!!

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

All flight are taking care of their safety under Tanzania Airport Authority Rules.

Fly 540 and Zan Air are using ATR but Coastal Aviation are using small planes

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,472 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

Matter of preference. I have flown many many times with Coastal over the past few years. Always well organised and comfortable. Yes, smaller planes for the Strips they serve but you get to see what is going on.

Very flexible too. Boxing day I booked a trip from Arusha to Ruaha which normally has couple of stops and takes over three hours.

As there was only Mrs M and I scheduled, they put on VIP and we sat there like Execs in Club Comfort. Shame when it ended after only two hours.

Fascinating when the Pilot puts it in cruise, kicks back and gets out his Newspaper.

Edited: 27 April 2010, 14:50
10. Re: flight from Dar to JRO?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Arusha