We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Arusha-no tribunal pls.

canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Arusha-no tribunal pls.

Hi all,

We have a couple of days in Arusha before and after our safari camping trip and wondering how to spend those days. The tribunal won't be an option as I'm travelling with a young one...

thanks!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Arusha-no tribunal pls.

You could visit the Masai village of shops in the city center where you will find a lot of shopping, about 50 shops there filled with all kinds of interesting things. You could also ask to do some cultural things, or visit a village (just catch a bus and go to one of the nearby villages), visit some schools, churches, etc. There is a museum up from the clock tower on Boma Street. i don't know what your interests are so don't know if this would interest you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Arusha-no tribunal pls.

There are manygreat lodges around that are children friendly.. L'Oasis has some great lawns and some great food for your young one to stretch the legs.

Blue Heron and This N That also have some childrens play grounds for your young ones..

You could still go into the UN compound for a walk around the buildings. Even that is quite interesting.

It is also worth it to see if Via Via is doing any painting or cooking classes.

Also depending on what time of year you are going.. there are plenty of pools around.

With a young one depending on age(?) I really wouldn't try out the central fruit and veg market. A bit stressful just on your own!

Hagerman, Idaho
Level Contributor
759 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Arusha-no tribunal pls.

Yes Skip the food markets- could scare a young child- heck it's freaked me out on occassion! The vending masaai market is nice and tame as is the cultural center one outside of town. The museum I am sad to say will not interest a child but has some nice exhibits ( not the one on Boma though). I second the Oasis pool ( impala has big pool too but oasis is nicer and has nice dogs to rumble with). Via via is great with all the random music and art stuff going on- they even have drum making classes which depending on the age night be an idea. Be careful walking around town/ crossing streets- people don't drive with your childs safety in mind.

Hagerman, Idaho
Level Contributor
759 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Arusha-no tribunal pls.

Yes Skip the food markets- could scare a young child- heck it's freaked me out on occassion! The vending masaai market is nice and tame as is the cultural center one outside of town. The museum I am sad to say will not interest a child but has some nice exhibits ( not the one on Boma though). I second the Oasis pool ( impala has big pool too but oasis is nicer and has nice dogs to rumble with). Via via is great with all the random music and art stuff going on- they even have drum making classes which depending on the age night be an idea. Be careful walking around town/ crossing streets- people don't drive with your childs safety in mind.

5. Re: Things to do in Arusha-no tribunal pls.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2010, 06:41