We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picture of Arusha

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
555 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Picture of Arusha

Is the picture associated with Arusha on TA (apparenty a wide sandy beach with a lake? the ocean?) actually of Arusha? I have been pondering this for the longest time. Anyone know?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,317 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picture of Arusha

Ah, the one someone posted via Facebook in 2010, on the Arusha Tourism part of TA? What a laugh. No, there is nothing like that in Arusha. That must be Zanzibar.

Even the other photos aren't quite correct; however, Ngoro Crater and many safari spots are part of Arusha PROVINCE, and this has been a confusion for some time, when Safari lodges located well out of Arusha were listed under Arusha (town). They have improved that section, but the photos are only those posted by forum users.

Even the dry watering holes don't look this good ;-)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picture of Arusha

Thank you! I thought it had to be Zanzibar or something but couldn't imagine why TA has just left it there to confuse people. I have searched around descriptions of Arusha numerous times and couldn't figure out what it could be. I am glad to have my ideas of what Arusha does look like validated.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,317 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picture of Arusha

I am not endeared to Arusha, but to give it credit, it is doing the best it can with a limited infrastructure, to support the large increase of Safari traffic. It has parks and nice spots, but there are lots of people and congestion. I have not given it a thorough visit, but maybe I need I need a local guide to set me straight.

If you google Arusha 'images' or photos, or whatever, you will see city activity. Nothing like that lone beach. And Arusha, is landlocked.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picture of Arusha

I know. Which is why the picture was so baffling! I kept wondering if there was a hidden side to Arusha that the tourists didn't know about.

We will spend two days there late in Feb. But from everything I have heard and read- they may be days of simply collapsing after 15 days of safari. Thanks for the info.

5. Re: Picture of Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 05:17