We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping tour owner/guide/driver

Surprise, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Tipping tour owner/guide/driver

The owner of our tour company is our guide/driver for my wife and myself, what is a reasonable tip for each day on safari?

Tanzania Expeditions
Climbing Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Greg Adventures
Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,198 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tipping tour owner/guide/driver

Too true Sciguy. that is why I am firm advocate of a communal tip box which is then shared out fairly between all the staff who worked to make our stay a good one. And no doubt the Lodge/Hotel Manager will get a share of that too but not the Owner. The owner makes his crust on the profits you created.

As for driver guides. No problem but writing the above does make me aware of the Guy with the Spanners and Grease gun who you never see but who keeps your car fit to take out (Or not it seems in some sad cases.)

22. Re: Tipping tour owner/guide/driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:16