We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
316 reviews
Save Topic
Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

I'm taking an organized tour in July for which I am arriving in Arusha 2 days early. I'm interested in day tours to Arusha NP and/or Tarangire NP and looking for a day tour operator that will safely transport and guide a solo female traveler. I've contacted my Arusha hotel (Dik Dik, booked by the tour company) about their options and have heard nothing back. I am not interested in cultural or orphanage visit add-ons. Anyone have recommendations?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

Try contacting Roy Safaris. They get good reviews at tripadvisor.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,073 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

There is a section of Trip Advisor that lists operators that do Day Tours. Also, if you go to the Tanzania forum, there are FAQs kn the rigt of the screen. The fourth bullet down gives a list of reputable TOs and I expect many can arrange day tours.

May I suggest that to maximize your time you consider staying overnight in the Tarangire area? So

day 1 -Arusha NP, overnight Tarangire Conservatiin area. You might be able to arrange a nigt drive or a Maasai walk. Neither of there items are usually in a tour.

EASTCO has camps in Tarangire area and offers day tours, as a consideration.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

Further to what QM has said if you choose Tarangire then I would overnight at Naitolia Camp in the Tarangire Conservation area, a really beautiful small camp with the opportunity for the best bush walks I have done in the North. The night game drives here can be excellent as well.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
411 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

I would have thought that your tour operator would help you with this. We decided to go to Arusha national park after our safari and it was no problem. I think most tour operators will be delighted to help. If you have two days, and you have not included Tarangire, then I also think it would be good to stay there overnight as unlike Arusha NP which is very close to Arusha, you can't do justice to Tarangire in a day trip

Guangzhou, China
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

Roy safaris is probably your best option since its simply the best. But for cheaper options you can also contact melau Tours. All in all a 2 days trip can be arranged even at your arrival. Just remember to be patient since you cant always get urgent replies by mail depending on a variety of challenges that could face any third world country.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 06:01
6. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 23:49
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

I would recommend Arusha National Park for a full day outing. Yes you could go to Tarangire NP but its a long drive at the moment due to roadworks (really needs at least 2 days). We booked a private day tour from Roy Safaris on arrival in Arusha and had a great day out. It was also cheaper than what we found on the web prior to departure.

Plenty to see in Arusha NP for a full day in May this year the lakes were full of Flamingo even more than we saw at Lake Nakaura in Kenya. The Colobus Monkeys were a highlight plus the walking tour with a ranger within the NP. Enjoy

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

Go to the Tanzania forum and look on the right side of the web page, you will see Top Questions about Tanzania. There are some links on that list for doing cultural tours. One safari operator who does quite a few cultural tours is Park East Africa (google them) and the owner does a lot of work with street kids in Arusha.

9. Re: Day Tours from Arusha to Arusha NP and Tarangire NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:15