We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maasai Market in Arusha for souvenirs

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Maasai Market in Arusha for souvenirs

hi, can someone please let me know the following about the Maasai Market in Arusha (which i believe sells typical TZ souvenirs eg handicrafts, masks, painting)

- opening hours? daily?

- where is it located?

- how long will you spend there?

I am staying at Flamingo Arusha Guest House, which is located at Kikuyu Street no. 16, adjacent to the CCM Building (a popular landmark, I was told). So will I be able to walk (how far is it), and walk safely, to this Maasai Market and do my shopping there by myself?

I believe the other market in Arusha is Central Market which sells produces? but no souvenirs?

It seems that people are always getting confused between the two, but i am interested in the one that sells souvenirs.

After reading this thread, i get even more confused. What is this about Old Maasai Market and New Maasai Market, how does that relate to the Maasai Market and Central Market I talk about above?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297913-i9775-k559…

----------

Lastly, how does the Maasai Market in Arusha compared to the one in Nairobi? I presume they sell different things specific to each country? which is bigger/better?

Many thanks ahead.

31. Re: Maasai Market in Arusha for souvenirs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 20:35
32. Re: Maasai Market in Arusha for souvenirs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 05:15