We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a safari on your own

Maynooth, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Booking a safari on your own

It is not easy to find a reasonable tour company if you are travelling alone in Arusha and are pushed for time, so I thought I'd share a positive experience. I tried many companies who quoted me upwards of $780 USD for a two day trip to Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater! Prices are very high due to high park fees ($140) and petrol costs. In the end I found one company (booked through the New Safari Hotel, Boma Rd) which offered me a deal for $510. Still a hefty sum, but the two days were fantastic! The service was excellent, the vehicle was clean (at least when we started out) and in good working order. The guide was very helpful and offered expert advice where necessary. The accomodation, though simple, was very comfortable. In short, I would recommend this company if you are on your own. Contact Kilimanjaro Crown Bird Tours and Safaris, 0748 281316 or jalalal@yahoo.com.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a safari on your own

The $510 price, was that for you traveling alone in a private vehicle?

2. Re: Booking a safari on your own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 14:23