We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do NOT Use Global Adventure for Safaris

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Do NOT Use Global Adventure for Safaris

Hello all,

I went on safari early in January 2014 with Global Adventure, a tour company run by a guy called Edward Wilson. I'll get straight to the point: Upon entering the Serengeti, our driver informed us that Edward had not put enough money on the card in order to enter the park, so we had to pay $143 out of our own pocket, which we have NOT been paid back by Edward, who since then has blown off scheduled meetings, and refuses to answer his phone and emails. The safari was booked by my wife's parents, and my wife was interested in using the company as she runs a non-profit (thesmallthingsdotnet) and he proposed a 10% donation to the organisation. Needless to say, that 10% donation didn't come, and I'm not sure we'll get our money back. Unluckily for Edward, my wife and I live in USA River (parents-in-law have flown back to US), so we'll keep following him up and looking for him. I just want to warn you guys about him and his dealings. We've been left very frustrated, and in the last week have learned that he's pulled this before with a German lady he cheated out of 300 euros.

Does anybody know if there is there an agency I can report him to?

Thanks!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do NOT Use Global Adventure for Safaris

Well the first Agency to report to is the Law enforcement agency. i.e. The Police.

then assuming Global are members of Tatotz I would refer him to them also.

Don't give up. that is what con artists and scammers hope you will do.

Save Reply
2. Re: Do NOT Use Global Adventure for Safaris

At this point my best friend had to leave Edward and his house because of the same reason! No money in return and many lies!

So sad!

3. Re: Do NOT Use Global Adventure for Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 12:05
4. Re: Do NOT Use Global Adventure for Safaris

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 12:05
5. Re: Do NOT Use Global Adventure for Safaris

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:17