We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which safari company ???

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which safari company ???

Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend will arrive in Arusha sat the 5th of august and haven;t booked a safari yet. We're looking for a 4/5 day safari but heard there are a few bad safari companies in Arusha. Can someone advise us a few good ones? And where can you book these safari's in arusha?

thanks for the help

Seb.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which safari company ???

Seb, There are some safari operators in Arusha who may still have some openings. Many are booked up as this is a busy time for them. Ones defination of a good operator and a bad operator vary from person to person.

I'll give you a couple of places to begin since this must be done rather quickly. I seldom do this but will in this case since you may miss out.

One operator posts here and you might try him (he will not tell you to do this from this forum, but I can). You will find him at the Golden Rose Hotel complex which is rather close to the bus station and right behind the football stadium. His office is on the 1st floor, and the company name is Base Camp Tanzania and his name is Achmed.

Another person that I was talking with the other day and I know he can handle some more is Armstrong Nyaka. It would be difficult to tell you how to get to his office, but his e-mail address is armnyaka@yahoo.com and his two telephone numbers are either 255 744 272202 or 255 784 272202. Tell him that Karl asked you to contact him. He can do all kinds of safaris (budget, camping, luxury, etc. and put them together rather quickly and inexpensively.)

And one last place would be Park East Africa which is located in the Lutheran Building on Boma street across from the CRBD Bank building and Precision Air office. I think his office is on the 2nd floor of the building. I have been trying to reach him and cannot, and have been told that he is out of town attending to a death in his family, so he may not be available.

Hope this helps.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which safari company ???

thanks Karl you'te the best!.. So you suggest to start booking now in stead of doing it in Arusha at my arrival?

Regards,

Sebastiaan Weeda

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which safari company ???

Seb... It's a rather busy time so I would sugget that you begin now. You don't have much time for the 5th. I know that some of these people will be tied up with me shortly after I arrive on the 10th but they can get you started now; later they will be difficult to find.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which safari company ???

Karl did you ever heard from Multchoice safaris? they are recommended by a guy from the Moivaro Lodge.

http://www.multichoicesafaris.com/

thx

Seb.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which safari company ???

Here are a couple that are large and may be able to help on short notice.

Roy Safaris

Sunny Safaris

Good Earth Safaris

Leopard Tours

These are some large ones that might be able to help.

Good luck.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which safari company ???

All,

I contacted one of the guys (Armstrong) Karl suggested and offered me a safari for USD 140 with a group of 4 and USD 160 with the two of us per day all in (budget camping stay). Is this a good price for a safari? please advice.

thanks again for the help.

regards,

Seb.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which safari company ???

Thx dssxxxx for your help!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which safari company ???

Seb... That's a good price if you want to do a camping safari. Probably won't get one for much less then that. Karl

New Jersey
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which safari company ???

Seb,

You will enjoy this safari, if you really like roughing it in the wild.

Make sure of the condition of equipment. At this low price, I doubt if you will be getting top of the line, but the choice is yours.

Have fun.

Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which safari company ???

Karl,

You always have great opinions on people's itineraries so I was wondering what you think of mine? And are you familiar with Borana Lodge?

Borana Camp-3 nts

Governor's Il Moran-3nts

Gorilla Nest (Rwanda) -3 nts

Grumeti Reserves/Sebora Plains Tented Camp-2 nts

Ngorongoro Crater Lodge-3 nts

Mnemba Island(Zanzibar)-3 nts.

thx.