We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Tanzania

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Tanzania

I am traveling to Tanzania from June 18 with my wife and and 2 daughters 18 and 20. We want to spend about 10-12 days.

Kindly suggest an itinerary that covers Serengeti, Ngorongoro, lake manyara, Zanzibar and Kilimanjaro.

Luxury or boutique hotels preferred.

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
967 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Tanzania

You will have much better results contacting Tour Operators directly. Tanzania is nearly impossible to organize a trip on your own, and you will probably end up with a better deal working with a company that gets discounted rates from the hotels and lodges.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Tanzania

Drsanjay

Hi

Do you plan to book before hand with a TO....I suggest you do.

Have you contacted any TO's yet..if not there is a list in the Top Questions Tanzanian forum 4th post down.

there ar emnay here to choose from..I would email 5 and ask them for ideas and a cost.

10-12 days is a good length for a safari...does it also include a Kili climb or just a visit to Kilimanjaro.

What is your interest in Zanzibar..beach...go elsewhere..... old Arab town and history...worth it for a few days.

If you wish to include Zanzibar Kilimanjaro and a safari you will be pretty rushed especially for the safari.

To visit Tarangire, Manyara Ngorongoro and the Serengeti requires a bit of travelling time ...unless you are flying everywhere...even then it does require time getting to and from airports waiting etc etc.

I would suggest you do a longish safari with a cultural activity or 2 on the side and then visit Moshi or West Kilimanjaro for the Kili experience......I wouldn't bother with a full climb.

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Tanzania

You will need more time to do all of the things on your list. I would suggest to stick to a safari with that amount of time, and possibly add 1 day to visit the Kilimanjaro area. You really don't have time to do a nice safari all of the way to the Serengeti, then also spend time in Zanzibar. You will need to prioritize.

Munich
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Tanzania

Tanzania is nearly impossible to organize a trip on your own.....

Hi,

this is totally wrong!!!

We organized a trip on our own 2 years ago and we'll do it this year again.

You only need to concact a car-rental-company and rent a 4x4, either with roof tent or you can stay in lodges.

thats all!! The car rental company will support you to answer your questions.

Beate

5. Re: Trip to Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 09:35
6. Re: Trip to Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:16