We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camouflage Rucksack

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Camouflage Rucksack

Hello

I bought 2 rucksacks on line a few weeks ago. When they arrived I opened one of them which was the colour I had selected. Wrongly I assumed that the other bag was the same colour. I have just opened it and its camouflage colours. I know you should not wear camouflage clothing. Will I be alright taking this rucksack? I'm flying out Saturday so will have to be quick to go and replace it.

Thank you

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,514 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

I don't know if I would want to arrive at the airport with that one on my back. If you are packing it as just a day pack on safari, not so bad, but if it is your luggage, I would consider an alternative. Things might be loosening up there, as recently saw photos of a guide in camo, but he only wore it when away from officialdom.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

Hi

Thanks for the reply.I was going to use it as a carry on, on the plane and then as a daypack on safari

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,536 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

I cannot see it being a problem. It is not as though you are in Cammo clothes or some sort of Fatigues..

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

Hi mfuwe

No I'm going in my craghoppers brown combat pants and a blouse. I was going to carry it rather than my husband as I hardly look as though I'm in the military, they'd have pensioned me off by now. Didn't want to get arrested at the airport. I have an old one I can use if this was going to be a problem

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,536 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

< I was going to carry it rather than my husband >

I should carry your husband. That will prevent a lot of questions! LoL!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

It wont be an issue, especially if its just carry on.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
342 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

I always take my regulation US Army camo field pack when I go to East Africa. I have never once had a problem in any country. If anything, I get the most offensive looks as I transit through Europe.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

I've always steered away from any camo gear. Haven't heard of anyone being arrested recently. But at one time you could be taken to the police station

Bristol, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

My son (16) has just bought an army surplus gortex jacket in green cammo. He'll need this for climbing killi is he going to have any trouble, should I buy him a plain one?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Camouflage Rucksack

I would suggest that he contacts his climbing company

Get answers to your questions about Arusha