We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Briza Beach Resort Question

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
99 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Briza Beach Resort Question

Hello,

Please can I check with anyone who knows the hotel if this is the correct website:

http://www.brizakhaolak.com/index.php

I recently booked through this website assuming it was theirs and have since emailed them twice using the email address on the website and no-one has got back to me. Moreover, they didn't confirm by email after booking.

Since booking, I've seen that there are about three different websites for the same hotel which I'm finding a bit worrying/confusing!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,948 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Briza Beach Resort Question

Yes. That is the Briza Beach Resort located next door to its sister hotel, the Emerald Resort, on Khao Lak (South) Beach which is the first Khao Lak beach you reach about 50 minutes from Phuket Airport.

Your link appears to be to the official latest website. Given their failure to reply to your Emails, particularly no booking confirmation (if you booked by credit card, has it been charged?) I would be inclined to phone them on the number on the website using one of the cheap call numbers you can find on moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-overseas-…

If you have further difficulty send me a PM with all your booking details and Email address and I will call in at the Briza to see if I can get them to contact you.

UK
Level Contributor
99 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Briza Beach Resort Question

Hi Arandora,

Thank you so much for your response - it's set my mind at rest that it's the official site but still confused as to why they haven't responded to my emails.In light of a new review posted about the resort, please can you give your opinion on the resort?

It states that the location is poor - obviously reviews are all relative and we don't want a really busy area. We were looking for a peaceful/chilled out place with a few external restaurant and beach bar options - have we chosen wisely do you think?

It was a toss-up between this and the Haadson and I'm wondering if we should have gone for this instead.

Your advice and opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your help.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,948 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Briza Beach Resort Question

Hi,

I've just read the latest report on the Briza which appears completely out of line with other recent reports. In particular the comments about location surprise me and about construction puzzles me.

The Briza is located on Khao Lak Beach which is IMHO a beautiful bay with just 6 resorts of varying size and character set along a connecting promenade. The Briza is the latest edition but is complete and no construction works going on there to my knowledge or at least not visible from the beach when we walked past earlier this month. See pics at picasaweb.google.com/CousinKL/KhaoLakBeach03… which were taken between 7th December and 6th January.

There is building work going on behind the Merlin which you will see as you approach the Briza from the highway. There is also some construction work at the end of the promenade in the public car park and amenity area but that isn't visible from the Briza.

There are just a couple of independent local restaurants at the end of the promenade and you can use the beach restaurants of the other resorts. Prices seemed reasonable when we walked past. There are also other restaurants up on the highway and the main township of Bang La On is less than 10 minutes away by taxi.

One of the main things I like about this beach is that unlike some other beaches in Khao Lak and especially Phuket, the resorts respect the fact that the beach "belongs to the King" and is therefore public beach. As such there should not be rows and rows of loungers and sunbathers stretched out on them sardine like. The loungers are placed back on the individual resort frontage leaving the beach for playing and walking. In fact if you walk to the left past the Merlin you go onto the largely deserted Poseidon Beach with wonderful views over to Tab Lamu.

The Haadson is an excellent resort but is more remote, being the furthest north of KL's resorts with just a handful of local restaurants or a 20 minute trip into Bang La On.

Hope you manage to contact the Briza and resolve your anxiety about the booking.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Briza Beach Resort Question

Have to agree with Alan the Briza is on a beautiful beach and a great location. I have not stayed there but it looks stunning. I would have chosen it for our next vacation but we have already stayed at that beach at the Merlin- we like to change location. I am sure you will be more than happy if you get to book it

5. Re: Briza Beach Resort Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 07:34