We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

luton
12 posts
Save Topic
Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

Hi, my wife and I are looking to stay at the Sarojin from April 2-9th and just wanted to know what the hotel is like and more importantly what the weather will be like? I have heard its hot and humid and worried it will stop us from doing activities. i dont mind the heat one bit but will it be too much. ant help would be much appreciated.

thanks

R

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,718 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

The Sarojin is a luxury boutique resort that secured the accolade of" Best hotel in Thailand 2010" and is located on Pak Weeb Beach which is regarded as the most beautiful beach of Khao Lak's 25km of beaches.

Although 15 minutes by hotel shuttle (free) or taxi from the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On (5 mins further on) there are a handful of local beach restaurants on either side, 3 on White Sand Beach to the right and the excellent Boatyard 400 metres to the left.

April is the last month of the Dry season and is one of the hottest months with a greater possibility of afternoon thunderstorms (there were none at all or rain last year) and higher humidity, neither of which should hinder any activities you plan.

Some pics of Sarojin from this time last year at picasaweb.google.com/CousinKL/Sarojin…

luton
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

Thank you Arandora, what is the average temperature? I cant wait to visit, if you recommend any things to do/see that would be nice.

thanks again

R

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,718 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

Average Max is about 34C but with a "Feels like" of sometimes 40C and Min of about 22C.

The Sarojin has a full range of excursions, some of which are exclusive to and designed specifically for their guests. Details on their website or by contacting the Sarojin. Alternatively there are plenty of tour agencies in and around Khao Lak and one at the Aow Thong Bungalows just down the beach with things like elephant treks, trips to Similan Islands, Phang Nga Bay etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

We stayed at The Sarojin at the end of March - it was really hot but not too much humidity. There is no way you could sit on the beach without an umbrella.

We took advantage of all they had to offer and it was fantastic. You can certainly get cheaper trips in town but in the overall scheme of things Thailand is cheap and if you are staying at a place like the Sarojin you want the best. Our trip on the Lady Sarojin to the Similans was a true highlight. They organised for a private dive master for us. The beach BBQ was also something we will always remember. If you go to a luxury resort expect luxury prices but IMO it is value for money

Edited: 26 January 2011, 07:08
luton
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

Thanks Aussie Ange, we can handle the heat but just worried it would be too much to do anything. Any other trips from the Sarojin you recommend?

kind regards

R

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

I did the cooking class with a trip to the local market - I loved it but depend what your interests are

I would not bother with their fishing trip

Other things we have done at other times from other resorts - Khao SOk National Park

That is heap for a week.

Walk down the beach - have a massage, talk to the locals

It is a wonderful place

cap d'antibes
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

We have stayed at the Sarojin twice and both times we had a wonderful stay. The excursions are expensive (compared with the price you can get in town) but they are worth the money for the little details that they add which make them so much more enjoyable.

Highlights to do include Private Beach bbq and a trip on the Lady Sarojin (either a private charter or with another 2 couples).

If you're feeling energetic then take out the hobie cat or go for long walks. We love the place and would be back this year but we have just had a baby boy and therefore have had to book elsewhere (JW Marriot) as the Sarojin is adults only (they do have the odd kid over the age of 14 or so).

Enjoy, Gareth

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

Hi gareth

Do the Sarojin not allow children at certain times any more?

We have booked the JWM for April - I am sure it will be like apples and oranges but will let you all know our thoughts.

Ange

tasmania
Level Contributor
369 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

we stayed for 6 nights on their low season special last July, can't help with the weather obviously, but can say that we LOVED the resort. Perfect in all ways, staff were fantastic, rooms & contents first class, food wonderful. Yes you pay for it but you do get what you pay for. Pool & beach are beautiful. Being low season when we were there just meant it was very quiet every where, but that suited us just fine. We are really hoping to return again this year.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,718 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help - Sarojin and expected Weather

Ange,

No kids allowed at the Sarojin under 16 I believe.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak