We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

London
Level Contributor
136 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

My final hotel question.. I promise !!!!

Have just had an email back from above hotel stating there had been some confusion and they can now in fact offer me a garden bungalow for our required dates.

Just wondering if someone can describe room facilities and confirm if they have a TV. The guy who responded to my email neglected to answer that queston !! I'm sure website says only rooms in villa blocks have TV's can someone please confirm.

I know TV is not so important but on the odd occasion that we are resting in our room before going out in the evening it may be a nice distraction.

I would have preferred a beach bungalow if available but its either a garden bungalow at Nang Thong 2 or Baan Krating.

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

Hi Nads,

The garden bungalows have a tv - but the beach bungalows don't. We had originally booked a beach bungalow for our trip in March, but hubby had to have a tv (??) so we have changed our accommodation. But NTB2 is supposed to be just gorgeous. I'm hoping we don't regret our cancellation, but it's done now!

Cheers,

Sandy

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

Hi Nads,

Just disregard my post - I was thinking of NTB1 - sorry.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

Stayed in a beachfront bungalow a few weeks ago and we did certainly have a TV

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

Sorry - meant to say - Beachfront bungalows are about 10 seconds walk from the sand - and the garden bungalows are about 20 seconds walk...

equally as good as

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
410 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

Unclepuck, did you stay in NTB1 or 2?

We're staying in NTB1 in April and like you Sandy, my hubby wanted a TV too so I do hope there is one.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

Hi PJswan

I stayed in NTB2 (in beachfront bungalow) and some of the rest of my party stayed in standard rooms in NTB1. All of our rooms had TV - however I am not sure about the beachfront bungalows in NTB1. All of our rooms were equipped pretty much the same - basic but spotlessly clean and a good size decent shower room. Toiletries replenished each day. Tea and coffee making facilities but no actual tea or coffee etc. supplied. Plenty of beach towels supplied.

Pool is NTB1 is bigger and nicer but a lot more busy than NTB2. NTB2 is set slightly nearer to the beach. We found the staff in NTB2 nicer than in NTB1. Breakfast in NTB1 is 250THB - and in NTB2 is 200THB - and up the road is 100 THB.

Lots and lots of mossies EVERYWHERE - bring plenty of repellent!

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

Just by the way - the official hotel sign outside NTB1 reads - Nang Thong Bay Resort

and outside NTB2 reads - Nang Thong Beach Resort

so maybe if you are e-mailing them - you identify by Bay or Beach because their English isn't too good at all

Gunnedah, Australia
Level Contributor
316 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

Hi unklepuck

When you said breakfast up the road was 100baht. Where exactly do you mean. Do you have a name of where you ate. We are in the process of booking NTBR

Thanks

Denise

9. Re: Nang Thong Beach 2 - room descriptions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 08:59