We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sassi's bar

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
sassi's bar

Coming to the Ramada resort in about 10 days and notice that recent review says Sassi's is still closed for refurb. Anyone got idea of when will re-open. Looked a real bonus to the resort when we booked - on beach, music, happy hour etc. Would welcome any info, Thanks.

western australia
Level Contributor
667 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sassi's bar

Hi there

Certainly was looking under reno a couple of weeks ago. It might be worth emailing thm on posting a message on their facebook page?

cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sassi's bar

Thanks Gillg, I have found their fb page and posted on there. Good advice. Any suggestions of bars similar to sassi's IF it is still closed. What about the O2 place. Have you been there?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,697 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sassi's bar

I doubt very much whether the O2 Beach Club will be open in the Wet Season, certainly the part directly on the beach because of beach conditions and the main part inland due to visitor numbers which were low in the Dry Season. The Chong Fah Resort (not restaurant) to your right up the beach from the Ramada has a nice restaurant/bar directly overlooking the beach where you can enjoy the often spectacular sunsets. Just further beyond that the newly opened Case de la Flora should by now have opened its bar/beach restaurant.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sassi's bar

Hi there, we too are going to stay at the ramada for 10 nights from 9th august and was wondering the exact same thing about sassi's. Did you hear back from them via facebook page? I looked on there website and it says nothing about renovation so hoping its complete.... Wishful thinking!? Thanks sarah x

cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sassi's bar

not heard anything back from hotel, husband says not to worry as he has never known me not be able to find somewhere for a cocktail at sunset.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,697 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sassi's bar

You have La Flora next door, then the Mukdara, Chong Fah Restaurant, Chong Fah Resort etc, etc. I agree with your husband .......

western australia
Level Contributor
667 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sassi's bar

Hi

I posted on their facebook site also (there are 2)- http://www.facebook.com/ramadakhaolak

"Gill Groom

Can you tell us when Sassis will reopen?

Thursday at 7:48am · Like ·

ramadaresortkhaolak Dear Gill, Very soon as the weather permits :) In the meantime live entertainment and food & beverages will be served at "The Kitchen" terrace and garden:) Enjoy your time with us

Thursday at 1:11pm · Like"

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sassi's bar

Hi there, i emailed the ramada directly and they said sassis will reopen on 1st september. Shame we'll miss it but at least the kitchen is an alternative!

Sarah

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,697 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sassi's bar

Unless you prefer to stay around the resort, I think you will find other alternatives direct on beach front are equally appealing.

cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sassi's bar

Can definitely confirm that sassis is not opening till 1st sept. However we really disappointed to find no alternative bar in the hotel they are using the internet cafe as a "bar". Walked back from doing a recky of the beach only to find nothing open to buy a drink at all. That was about 10 o'clock! Also, there are no other restaurants at the hotel open apart from "the kitchen". Had a buffet there last night 400 baht and the food was running out by half 8. Spoke to manager this morning who has agreed to give our money back so our agent can relocate us. I am very disappointed at Ramada management who have not replied to emails or posts on FB prior to us arriving. No attempt was made by the Ramada group to notify us that the hotel would be practically shut. If you have the choice and are arriving before 1st sept then my advice is to change your choice of hotel.