We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Le Meridien- Restaurant & Massage Questions

new york
Level Contributor
107 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Le Meridien- Restaurant & Massage Questions

My husband and I will be staying 5 nights at the Le Meridien Khao Lak in 2 weeks. I have read about all the restaurants on TA and forums in town, and know that the hotel has a number of restaurants as well. But was hoping to get recommendations that are closer to the hotel such as Rim Lay. Are there any others that we should be sure to visit? I am not sure we will want to go into town too often. Besides getting a massage at the hotel spa, are there any nice local places that are less expensive but clean? We had 2 experiences while visiting Angkor Wat last year, the first at a dirty little massage spot that I don't want to repeat and the second at a very nice spa, while it was multiples of the cost of the first it was worth every penny! Thank you in advance for all suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,413 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Rim Lay
Rim Lay
203 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,635 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Le Meridien- Restaurant & Massage Questions

Hi,

The Rim Lay is going as strong as ever and has massage there. Turn right along the beach and there are several restaurants and massage places either side of the creek about 300 metres north just past the nearing completion Beyond Khao Lak Resort. In fact on the other side of the creek more have opened this Season. Our favourite remains Ma Ma & Mr.Lek's which is half way up past the creek. Very good massage there and tours arranged too.

Go beyond the Rim Lay around the headland (but not when the tide is in as it is dangerous) and you will find White Sand Beach which has 3 restaurants there, then go past the Sarojin and the Kantary Beach Resort (it has a Spa but don't know what the prices are like) and there is the newly opened Friendly Restaurant and then beyond that and especially good for a sunset dinner, the Boatyard. They will drive you back to Le M after dark.

Mentioned in this post
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,100 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,834 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Rim Lay
Rim Lay
203 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Boatyard
Boatyard
235 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
new york
Level Contributor
107 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Le Meridien- Restaurant & Massage Questions

Thank you very much for your suggestions!!!

3. Re: Staying at Le Meridien- Restaurant & Massage Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2012, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak