We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak in our local paper

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak in our local paper

Happy New Year!

Just found this article in our local paper the Courier Mail. Must drop an email to the author he spelt Khao Lak wrong!

couriermail.com.au/travel/world/let-your-ima…

Cheers, Coco

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

"Koh Lak" is famous! Don't think the Sarojin is getting our business though - just a tad rich for our blood.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

Coco........dont tell too many!!

lets just keep it our little secret!

Specz

Perth
Level Contributor
562 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

Happy New Year to all.

Same article appeared in the "Sunday Times"here in W.A. I'm with you Mrs Hyde, the Sarogin is a bit out of our price range. Still the "imaginerium" experience might be worth the price LOL. I don't need to pay some one for that experience. I can just close my eyes and imagine I'm in Khao lak any time.

And who has heard of Mountain goats in Khao Lak???

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

Hehe I agree too Mrs_J the Sarojin is a wee bit tooooo steep for us too!! We stayed next door at the Kantary and loved it so I don't think we'll ever get next door.

Isn't it funny how most of us, tanmar, Specz, Mrs_J, all live near a beach and yet we still head to Khao Lak for a beach holiday! There's just something beautiful about the place!

Cheers, Coco

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,718 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

After our exposure to the fantastic beaches of SW Australia, I'll tell you the appeal of Khao Lak to us - you can go in the sea without getting either buried under the waves or frostbite!!!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

Same article was in Sundays Melbourne Herald Sun.

I agree the sarogin is a bit rich for us and I don't want to do those activities either.

Linda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

Hahaha true true true Arandora!!!

The other appeal is actually swimming in a beautiful beach (as opposed to fighting the waves) and not having sand blasted in places where the sun don't shine and finding them STILL there days and weeks later lol!!!

Oh and of course being able to have the most delish food just a short stroll from the beach :-)

Linda, you read my mind! Who goes on holidays and exercises?!?!!! Gimme a beach, a cocktail and Thai food anytime :-)

Cheers, Coco

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

Arandora, you forgot to mention not getting eaten by a massive shark. That's got to be a strong selling point ;)

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

ahhh mai thai lol

only have to wait until June

Linda

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Khao Lak in our local paper

We enjoy the Gold Coast beaches but they have one insurmountable disadvantage (apart from sharks) - they're NOT in Thailand!

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak