We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best agent for trip to Similan Islands from Khao Lak?

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Best agent for trip to Similan Islands from Khao Lak?

Can anyone recommend a company in Khao Lak to use for a trip to the Similan Islands or are they all similar? We're staying at the Khaolak Laguna Resort. Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,960 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best agent for trip to Similan Islands from Khao Lak?

The Similans is a very popular trip offered at agents throughout Khao Lak. There is a very good tour shop offering a wide range of tours at very competitive prices near the Laguna. Walk along into Bang La On and it is just on your left before the dual carriageway starts.

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best agent for trip to Similan Islands from Khao Lak?

Thanks Arandora - as always....a star!! :-)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,960 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best agent for trip to Similan Islands from Khao Lak?

Andy at Walkers Inn across the road will tell you of others also.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best agent for trip to Similan Islands from Khao Lak?

I recently booked through Boss Cheaper than Hotels. He recommends Fantastic Tours who provide a great day out. His price was excellent.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best agent for trip to Similan Islands from Khao Lak?

I went with Fantastic Similan just last week and they were very service-oriented, plying us with food and snacks all day. They even had seasickness pills on hand. (I found the journey quite smooth, not much different from a slightly bumpy car ride, but of course, so much is dependent on the weather.) You may or may not like the over-the-top lady-boy humor, but I found it innocuous enough and occasionally entertaining. A consideration is where the boat stops on Island 4. Larger companies pay higher mooring fees to stop right on the much nicer Princess Bay. Smaller companies stop on the other side of the island, on the much smaller Had Lek beach. (That being said, a short 5-7 minute walk along a jungle path will take you to Princess Bay.) I brought noise-cancelling headphones and an ipod which helped the journey go quickly.

For more tips and photos on Similan, feel free to check out my blog:

…wordpress.com/2012/…

Have a great time!

6. Re: Best agent for trip to Similan Islands from Khao Lak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:17