We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Recommendations

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation Recommendations

We are after accomodation recommendations budget is 3000-4500 THB

Relaxation, Awesome Pool with swim up bar???

We are going early November 2012

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
771 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

Have a look at the travelzoo JW marriott special....3 nights for $259 and you can buy extra nights

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

OK this might be real stupid question.....

I want to book upgrade to pool access room & the extra night, how do I do this on travelzoo??

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

When you click on Buy Now on the Travelzoo website you are offered the 3 day deal plus extra days. You should contact the JWM to confirm availability for your dates before doing this then after purchasing the vouchers from Travelzoo and received confirmation you contact the hotel and book the upgrades through them.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

What about Nang thong neach resort?? my friend has suggested it....no where near the 5 stars but we don't need 5 starts....resort looks good

but who can tell me which of the two resorts has the swim up bar?

Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

Hi Mel

My recommendation is for the Ramada at Khao Lak. Personally I think it is in a better location than the JW.

We are just back from there. We booked a basic room thinking that we would upgrade when we got there but didn't bother as our room overlooked the pool and had an ocean view. We paid around $75AUD which is well within your budget and gives you room if you want to upgrade.

Swim up bar with happy hour cocktail. On the beach with sun lounges overlooking the sea. Staff are excellent. I'm the sure the JW would match all this but the central shopping/restaurant areas of KL are only a 5 minute scooter or taxi ride away.

Have fun and enjoy KL. I can see why Arandora speaks so highly of it. We have stayed at Patong (Phuket) before and would certainly pick KL over Patong any and every time.

Cheers

Dave

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

In terms of easy walking access to restaurants and shops, the Ramada has it over the JWM (taxi or scooter to restaurant/shopping area, from the Ramada!!!! I thought you Aussies were super fit outdoor types! LOL) with NTBR1 being even closer to the main area of Bang La On, but I think the beach location of the JWM is the best of the three. I rate the Ramada highly too but I just love the pool access rooms and wet areas of the JWM and the TWO swim up bars there. Both share the great advantage of just walking to local beachfront restaurants nearby, super for sunset cocktails and dinner.

Having said all this, I don't think you will go too far wrong with any of these three resorts.

Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

Lol we are Alan but you wouldn't think so judging by the paucity of gold medals at the moment. And we need all our energy to swim up to the bar.

But yes there are a number of good restaurants within walking distance of the Ramada and a really good market on Saturday Monday and Wednesday close by.

Looking forward to our return there.

Dave

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

JWM certainly has AWESOME pools. IMO the pool at the Ramada is not much nor the beach at Bang La On. Taxis are cheap. We also really like Khaolak beach - stayed at the Merlin but can't remember if it has a swim up bar.

9. Re: Accomodation Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak