We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Galleria - nearby hotels?

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Palm Galleria - nearby hotels?

I stayed at the Palm Galleria (Best Western as it was then) a few years ago when it was the only hotel in the area due to the tsunami. There was a huge amount of building work going on at the time further along the beach road and I have been trying to find out the names of the new hotels for a further visit to the area. Could anyone help please?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,747 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Galleria - nearby hotels?

Next door to the Palm Galleria both on the road down to the beach and then when you turn left on to the beach road is the Takola Cultural Spa & Sport Resort, then the former South Seas Grand Resort being developed as the Wyndham Khao Lak Resort, finally the Apsaras Resort, which is currently being extended on the other side of the river inlet at the rear of the Memories Beach Club shown in the map at this link khaolakyellowpages.com/wordpress/…

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Galleria - nearby hotels?

Brilliant thanks very much. Will look in to it

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Galleria - nearby hotels?

Can you walk down the beach from the Apsaras Resort to the Palm Galleria.? There was a beach restaurant down there called Keang Lay's I think. Best food I have EVER tasted anywhere in the world!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Galleria - nearby hotels?

We stayed @ Palm Galleria also and yes,you can walk from Apsarus directly onto the beach and then walk up to PG....It's a fair walk but a nice fine sandy walk....

I think the Keang Lay is amongst the restaurants adjacent to PG near the T intersection of Pakarang Road and Beach Road and these restaurants are always closed during low season...

5. Re: Palm Galleria - nearby hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak