We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La flora - advice needed please

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
437 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
La flora - advice needed please

Hi

Help needed please we have booked to stay at la flora for my wife's birthday beginning of march 2013 but some of the reviews recently posted on TA have been a little worrying as they don't read too good. Should I change my hotel bearing on mind we are on a limited budget so can't afford anything more expensive also want to be in th Bang Niang area. Any comments or tips on la flora would be greatly appreciated.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,244 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La flora - advice needed please

Hi,

Since the La Flora has had consistently good reports on the forum I had a look at the recent reviews and other than the last 3 the recent ones have been generally good. Most hotels have mixed views and I certainly wouldn't cancel unless you really feel that some of the bad points mentioned that you are now aware of you couldn't cope with when you arrived. Power cuts, for instance, which is the reason for one are a fact of life in many places in Thailand, let alone Khao Lak, and are beyond a hotel's control. The allocation of a room type different to a party member could have been dealt with at the time.

You have time before your stay for reviews from guests in the forthcoming High Season (November to April) to take into account before making any decision to change to another hotel. Availability in March should be OK so no need to be concerned about that.

The La Flora is one of the longest established resort's in Khao Lak and located on the best part of Bang Niang Beach with enviable access to beach restaurants and bars in either direction and to many others nearby all the way upto the highway where you will also find the main big and lively 3 times a week market.

See map of the area at walagata.com/w/arandora/Bang_Niang_2010.jpg

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
437 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La flora - advice needed please

Aarandora thanks so much for your reply you have helped to put my over sensitive brain into everyday thinking your thoughts and comments have helped to reassure me that this hotel should be OK and I do agree power cuts are not the fault of the hotel.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La flora - advice needed please

caplac, we were at the La Flora last December and loved it. We just had the basic deluxe room which was decorated very nicely and had everything we needed. We were on the upper floor though and got a pool and sea view which was nice.

The breakfasts were lovely, you could sit inside or under the shade outside by the beach which I preferred when it wasn't too hot. The hotel is in a lovely position, right on the beach with beach restaurants close by. It was just a short walk into Bang Niang for a further choice of restaurants. I couldn't fault La Flora and will definitely go back one day. We had a night flight and were even able to keep our room until 6pm at no extra cost (although we insisted on a tip for the girl who let us keep it). I understand that may not be possible though if it is fully booked but it definitely made our last day more comfortable. I am sure you will have a lovely time at La Flora, just look forward to it, it is such a relaxing place to be.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
437 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La flora - advice needed please

Forested

Thanks so much for your comments you have helped to put our minds at ease. We have also booked the basic deluxe rooms but to be honest don't intend spending a lot of time in the room as want to get out and about. So looking forward to our stay there now it is always good when you hear comments from others. I have booked this holiday for my wife's birthday so hope everything goes according to plan, do you know if you can request a particular area within the hotel?

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La flora - advice needed please

Caplac, glad to be of help. We requested an upper room and got one so I suppose you could try to request any preference you may have. As I said we had a basic room and it was really nice. The bathroom was very modern and clean too with a bath and walk in shower. There were shutters in the bathroom to make everywhere more open plan but you could shut them for privacy when you wanted. The staff are really friendly too. It is a smallish hotel so not far to walk from your room to the beach or to the restaurant. I don't know if you have ever been to Thailand but if not I think you will love it there. It is lovely eating on the beach and watching the Chinese lanterns and fireworks going off too. I am sure your wife will have a wonderful birthday at La Flora.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La flora - advice needed please

We stayed at la flora in feb 2012, it was for my husbands 40th so we booked a beach bungalow and had our 5 year old with us. We couldn't fault la flora, the staff and cleanliness were great. Walk a hundred metres to the left on the beach and there are excellent places to eat at very good prices. Your not far from a small town either although unlike other more lively areas in Thailand things close at around 11 do it's no party town.

I wouldn't change the booking, I would go back there in a minute

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La flora - advice needed please

We stayed at la flora in feb 2012, it was for my husbands 40th so we booked a beach bungalow and had our 5 year old with us. We couldn't fault la flora, the staff and cleanliness were great. Walk a hundred metres to the left on the beach and there are excellent places to eat at very good prices. Your not far from a small town either although unlike other more lively areas in Thailand things close at around 11 do it's no party town.

I wouldn't change the booking, I would go back there in a minute

8. Re: La flora - advice needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 07:15