We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip

OK so we are in Khao Lak 12 Nov till 16th Nov, and want to do a Day Trip.....

Snorkling, Islands, relaxing

Any recommendations??? And should I book before we go or when we get there?

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip

I am leaving Patong for Khao Lak today and then leaving Thailand the day after.

If you are planning with the best Phuket Sail Tours or Simba, then you have to book in advance as although the prices are highest for them, most people are very happy with the value of their money. If you have a limited budget, then better to come here and book from the street stalls. I had a limited budget so can't afford them plus I wanted to experience as an everyday traveler. So I booked from the streets and was quite happy with the tours.

My 2 cents...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip

PST or Simba are best done from Phuket as they go out to Phang Nga Bay or Phi Phi. Doing those from Khao Lak is a long day because of transfer times and more expensive because of transfer costs to departure pier. Most of those coming to Khao Lak looking for a day snorkeling trip go to the Similan Islands, Surin Islands or Koh Tachai, all of which are available from the tour shops and agencies throughout Khao Lak.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip

Koh Tachai is good for day trip , worth visiting! but need to book in advance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip

I'd disagree with RiniRabbit. In the last High Season there was no need to book Koh Tachai in advance unless you needed to go on a particular day only. If you are flexible shop around for best rates for the same trip. They are very competitive. Trips advertised on-line to Similans and Tachai were upwards of 3000 baht per person booking on-line. Same tour "on the street" was downwards of 2000 baht.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip

Thanks everyone.....

The similans are probably what we'll go with :-)

Arandora we are flexible so we'll see what deals can be done when we get there tehehehehe

12 more sleeps eekkkk

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip

When you arrive the Similans should be at the freshest, both the islands and the marine life after the Wet Season closure.

It's 25 sleeps for us!

Enjoy!

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip

arandora,

have a great time, it seems we will need to sit this year out. will need an extra long stay next time to make up.

so envious!

8. Re: Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:16