We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest to airport

hunter valley nsw
Level Contributor
277 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Closest to airport

What is the closest area of koh lak to Phuket airport?

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest to airport

Judy

Do you mean towns as such, or holiday resorts etc ?

I'm sorry, your question is a bit vague!

Rob

Edited: 05 March 2013, 21:52
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,683 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest to airport

Judy,

The first beach area that you reach coming from Phuket Airport is Khao Lak (South) Beach (with its small neighbour Poseidon Beach) which is about an hour by taxi. This beach just has a handful of resorts with local restaurants, bars and small shops separated by a headland which you travel over before dropping down into the main township of Bang La On where most restaurants, shops and bars are to be found. Transfer to here and its beach Nang Thong Beach takes just over an hour. Next area/beach is Bang Niang Beach a further 10 minutes up the road, then Khuk Khak Beach, then Pakarang Beach, then Pak Weeb Beach, then, the furthest, Bang Sak Beach which takes about 90 minutes from the airport.

Have a look at this recent post for maps of the various areas tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… and this link to pics of the various beaches from last November to now tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest to airport

Similar to Rob....I'm just a bit baffled as to why ask such a question...??...Did you want to stay in the Khao Lak area which is closest to Phuket airport...??...Or just researching the Khao Lak area....??....

Would you consider Tab Lamu a suburb/village of Khao Lak Alan....??...It is closer to the airport....!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,683 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest to airport

Nothing strange about the post to someone researching Khao Lak for whatever reason. Khao Lak Beach, the nearest beach and area to Khao Lak is the nearest to Phuket Airport and the "original Khao Lak".

Tab Lamu isn't part of Khao Lak, a separate town and community entirely.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest to airport

Thanks Alan....!!....Hope your hip is looking after you and wishing only wellness and happy times for Mrs B and yourself....!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,683 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest to airport

Thanks Cliff. The hip is fine. It's just all the other aging joints that need replacing!!! B and I enjoying increasingly long walks in the hot sun,

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest to airport

and increasingly long drinks out of the hot sun i hope......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest to airport

Only an Aussie could think like you Procol....Hahahahaaa...!!

9. Re: Closest to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:19