We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

We visited Thailand last year, and ofcours fell in love with Khao Lak. We stayed in Sensimar hotel. It was ok, but i felt like i payed too much for that we recived. What hotel will u recomend for a couple? with a walking distance to main street, same as Sensimar +/-? We could like to have a hotel who is a tourist hotel i guess, but quiet and small..:)

Kristin

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,254 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Hi Krisin,

Glad you enjoyed Khao Lak and want to return. When are you thinking of returning and how mjuch is your daily budhet for accommodation? Do you want to stay in Bang La on again or would you consider Bang Niang? That will enable some suggestions to be made.

The La-Own Resort is mid way between the two and is an excellent ceach front resort with great access to ceachfront restaurants but a bit further to walk into Bang La On. See http://www.lah-own.com/lah-Own/Welcome.html It has not been open very long but is already being renovated which demonstrates the attention to it of the owners.

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

We really enjoyed Khao Lak, and really want to there again in November. As we where new to Khao Lak we just experienced the Bang La and we where not further north:) what would u suggest? The importance of having a hotel who is " made for tourists", is for me to get understood for my allergy. The Sensimar where good, but staff new I guess. So many times they didn't understand, and I didn't dare to eat the food I've ordered there sometimes.

As the price we are willing to spend the same amount on hotel as we did on Sensimar. I can't remember what the price where. But a little bit stiff for what we where expecting and given.

And thanks again for the reply last time. It helped me really much. I did get a nice lady to write about my allergy in Khao Lak. Just used the note and showed it to the staff in restaurants . Worked perfectly fine:)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,254 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

In the immediate area and probably similar price range, you have the Khao Lak Resort (look at pool side, beach level rooms) on one side and the Laguna on the other. The Baan Khao Lak is an excellent resort and either of the more reasonably priced Nang Thong Bay Resort and Nang Thong Beach Resort.

In Bang Niang have a look at the Fanari Courtyard, La Flora or for a cheaper bungalow resort, the Cousin Resort where we stay.

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Is there places who is as quiet and nice near Phuket town? We want to explore Thailand aswell, and many hotels are already fully booked in Khao Lak in November:) Norwegian flights have also changed flights to Thailand, and not flying before dec/jan.

Bought the lonely planet book, but didn't get more info about Thailand other that we really should travel all around.:)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,254 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Which hotels in Khao Lak are fully booked in Norway? Have you been contacting them direct or using a web site? Some hotels may not have rates out yet for November or their allocation to a particular on-line agent may have been sold.

You will get more information about Phuket Town on the Phuket Forum at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g293920-i5037-Ph…

However, what are you looking for in Phuket Town? Whilst there are hotels there and lots of tourists visit, it is not really a tourist town and it is certainly not quiet. It is large and bustling. If you tell us what your interested in seeing in Thailand members can help with suggestions.

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Many of the top 10 hotels Who's shown in tripadvisor, but I haven't been into their homepage and checked.:) but after further discussion at home we really think khao lak is the best place to go. This year also:) but I don't think we will go to sensimar this time.

Major travel agency in Norway don't fly to khao lak before December:)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,254 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Of the Top 10 Hotels, the Chong Fah, Riverside, Shambhala and Nang Thong Bay Resort are probably better enquiring direct, the others try Booking.com or Sawasdee.com

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Thank you for great tip:) looking for Thailand vacation this year also:)

Kristin

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Kristin

Following Arandora's excellent advice we stayed at the Bhandari Resort and absolutely loved it. Thai style resort with lovely breakfast and only 100m from the beach.

Wherever you stay I'm sure you'll love Khao Lak.

Regards

Jim

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finding a nice hotel in Khao lak!

Hi there, I am currently in Khao Lak (having a wonderful time by the way!) and we're staying at The Sands. It is an amazing hotel, I really can't recommend it enough. I will be posting a full review when I get back to the UK later this week. But to summarise, the rooms are top quality, the staff are so friendly and helpful, all the facilities are great, lovely restaurants, right on the beach and a 5 minute walk to the main street (or a golf buggy ride!). We got a good deal through Kuoni, but of course we are in low season.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak