We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Virgins

Dorset, England
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak Virgins

Hello all,

We have done Phuket & Ko Samui to death so we're branching out and are looking at Khao Lak.

Here come the dumba*s questions:

1. Do we fly into Phuket, if so can anyone tell me the approx transfer time to Either The Sands or Kantary Beach hotels.

2.Any recommendations about the 2 hotels we've short listed, pros and cons.

3.Would prefer one near some shops, markets, stalls etc.

Any information, as always is gratefully received.

Cheers all,

T & D

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Ko Samui
Ko Samui
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak Virgins

hi, yes you fly into Phuket.use boss for your transfers very reliable and good prices you can find his email in the faq`s

sands is the best bet to be near shops etc on the edge of bang la on (khao lak town )

in my opinion the kantary has dropped its standards since we stayed there but is set on probably the best beach in the area but rather isolated.

plenty of info in the faq`s.if not fire away on this forum,can`t wait for our return in october

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak Virgins

I can give you some info on The Sands as we were there in April/May 2013. You fly into Phuket and transfer takes around an hour or so. The Sands is a large resort - not very Thai in design, but it does kind of grow on you when you have been there a couple of days. The pools are brilliant and there is direct access to the beach, with some beach bars/ restaurants a short walk to the right (although they may not be open out of season). The rooms are a good size, well equipped, with comfy beds. Get a pool access suite if you can - they are well worth it ! Breakfast was good, but we did have a very disappointing evening meal there on the one occasion we tried it, however there are numerous bars and restaurants a short walk up into the village, which straddles the main highway, and we never had a bad meal anywhere there. Also plenty of shops/supermarkets in the village. Loads of sunbeds around the Sand's pools and lawned areas, and the staff were fantastic ! You will find Khoa Lak very quiet and layed back compared to Phuket and Samui, but I would recommend it if you can get a good deal.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Dorset, England
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak Virgins

Many thanks for the info.

Live long and perspire!

Dorset, England
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak Virgins

Makes you proud to be British...God shave the Queen!

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak Virgins

Girston, thanks for your review on the Sands. We just booked and are going in Sept.

With regards to hotel transfer and the charge approx 45 GBP each way in their private taxi.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak Virgins

Use Boss, only 20 quid!

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak Virgins

Really? That's even better. Our travel agent wanted to charge us £100 return but sharing the mini bus with other folk at other hotels or £140 for a private taxi!

Will send Boss an email...I'm sure I saw his email address on the FAQ section.

Cheers!

8. Re: Khao Lak Virgins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak