They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here are links to photo albums of the various beautiful beaches along the Khao Lak coastline taken on our beach walks since the end of November 2013. The albums will be added to and updated during the remainder of our stay until April 2013.
They run north to south from Bang Sak Beach to Poseidon Beach:
* Pak Weeb Beach from the creek across to Bang Sak Beach, past the Mai Khao Lak, Beyond and Le Meridien Resorts to the headland onto next stretch.
* Khuk Khak Beach from Pakarang Beach past the J W Marriott Resort and adjacent restaurants, Andamania Resort across the creek and past, Lek's Bar, past the Blue Lagoon and Orchid Resorts to the currently dried up creek by the Sunset Bar over to Bang Niang Beach.
* Bang Niang Beach from the creek at Sunset Bar past the various resorts on the beach front, Shambala, Ayara Villas, Casa de la Flora, Fanari Beachfront, Sudala Beach, Chong Fah Resort, Sita Gardens, the new Chong Fah Bungalows, Mukdara, La Flora and Ramada Resorts, to the creek across to Nang Thong Beach.
* Nang Thong Beach from the creek past the row of restaurants, La Own Resort, Sands Resort, Leaf Resort (not beachfront but direct access), Andaman Beach Resort, Ocean Breeze, Green Beach, Nang Thong Bay (NTBR1), Centara Seaview, Nang Thong Beach (NTBR2), Suwan Palm, Baan Khao Lak and Laguna Resorts to rocks over to Sunset Beach.
* Poseidon Beach past Komol's Corner and overlooked by Poseidon Bungalow Resort to creek across to Tab Lamu beach (within Royal Thai Navy Base)
* .. and not forgetting Koh Kho Khao, the small island to the north of Bang Sak Beach reached by short ferry crossing from Baan Nam Khem, the location of the Tsunami Memorial.
I hope these bring back memories for those who have previously enjoyed these wonderful and very individual beaches and perhaps encourage those who haven't been to Khao Lak to do so.
I also hope you enjoy viewing the beaches as we do walking them.