We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here now and it is paradise

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Here now and it is paradise

Currently 7am and I am sat on the balcony of our room at Lah Own resort.

This resort is lovely. Thanks to Arandora for recommending this place to me.

When we were searching for accommodation we wanted a small resort with a Thai feel, right on the beach and close to beach restaurants. This place has it all.

It is nothing fancy, but all your basic needs are catered for. No spa, no swim up rooms just really good clean, comfortable rooms in a tranquil setting.

The beach scene is very much alive. I haven't counted but there must be 20-30 beach bars/restaurants within a 5 minute walk of our room. Every single one has its own set of beach loungers and they are like a magnet for the guests of the nearby hotels and further afield. I have met people that walk 20+ minutes every day to ghetto this row of restaurants and spend their whole day there. Total blissful relaxation.

Went into Bang La On first night (sat) and spent last night at Tiew Son on the beach.

I could spend the rest of my life here.

Tonight we are heading to Biang Niang Market early evening and then exploring the rest of the area.

Edited: 27 January 2014, 00:09
London, England
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
71. Re: Here now and it is paradise

Mike and Jody please, please keep the updates coming,

These fresh updates and reviews are a real help to those of us who are new or newish to the Khao Lak area.

We visited before in a very wet season 3 years back so a lot was closed particularly on the beaches, so its great to get "Here now...." updates about all the beach bars and the weather.

5 days till I am in paradise!

Cheers

Edited: 16 February 2014, 12:30
Staffordshire
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Here now and it is paradise

Thanks Arandora, when I go to Thailand, whatever the time of year, I usually take some rain with me.... and we've loads to spare here! If it starts to rain soon after the 20th, it will be the Dilymy effect.

If it rains or not it will be much warmer than it is here and I can still swim in the sea. Factor 30 and factor 50 already in the bag in the hope of much sunshine.

So looking forward to eating my next lovely Thai curry with my toes in the sand.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Here now and it is paradise

Sorry Kent, have been back almost a week now :(

Going to start my blog post though so will post a link when done, it might help!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,575 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Here now and it is paradise

I think this topic has more or less run its course as the OP and main contributors are, sadly, from their point of view back home now.

75. Re: Here now and it is paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:25