We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Hi there,

We are travelling to khao lak with our 15 month old girl and are debating whether to stay at Nang Thong Beach or Nang Thong Bay resort.

Can anyone advise? We also wondered if the garden bungalows have indoor showers or only the outdoor ones? Thank you! :)

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Sorry, should read 'Nang Thong Beach OR Nang Thong Bay'...;)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,102 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

If you do a search on either of those properties you will find plenty of information as they are very popular resorts and it is a very popular question.

As I understand it they have open bathrooms, Thai style.

Perth
Level Contributor
537 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Spanna_uk75

We have stayed at both resorts.

Nang Thong Bay Resort (aka NTBR 1) showers are outdoor for both beach front and garden view bungalows.

Nang Thong Beach Resort (aka NTBR 2) showers are indoor for both beach front and garden view bungalows.

Both resorts are on a par, with our preference being a beach front bungalow at either resort as a first priority (recommend spending the extra money if available).

If no beach front available, then would lean towards NTBR 1.

What time of year are you planning to go?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Thanks for the replies... I have done a lot of searching about both but there wasn't much that was recent and I couldn't find anything about the bungalow's bathroom facilities so thank you, that's really helpful... I just thought with our 15 month old we might be better with the indoor showers etc...? They are both all out of beach front bungalows for the time we are there... I did ask...:(

Edited: 30 January 2014, 08:11
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,102 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

If you put NTBR1 in the search box and when the results come up change Sort By on the right to Date instead of Relevance it will show lots of posts recent to oldest with hopefully lots more information about NTBR1 (Nang Thong Bey Resort) and NTBR2 (Nang Thong Beach Resort) that may help you with your choice of accommodation.

Perth
Level Contributor
537 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Yes, the indoor showers may be better at NTBR2. Some of the garden areas in the showers at 1 are a bit run down.

We find the gardens very attractive at 2.

The only down side is the wifi is not quite as good at 2 and 1 has a better quality TV with a DVD player, not that we use them much.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Hi Tanmar...!!....Hi Alan...Spanna...??...Was just curious to know why you thought an outdoor shower might not be suitable for your 15 month old...??...

I see it as the same as any other shower minus the roof....!!!....Tho',I must admit,I love the roof missing....

I once had a shower during a rain storm...Couldn't notice any difference...!!..??...Haha..!!

The superior rooms in the main building @ NTBR 1 have indoor showers tho' the views on top floor are spoilt by the tall heavy foliaged trees....And the price of superior is the same as the Garden Bungalow - 1200 baht/night low season....No elevator so it's a hike up three flights....

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Thanks!! I just worry about the mozzies and would rather not have to be showering her where the mozzies might attack! I'm more than Happy with it for myself... Thanks for the info though! :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

Oh the mozzies...!!...We stayed in NTBR 1 in low season/rainy season and did not suffer from mozzies in our outdoor shower.....

One would think that the creek which runs thru the resort would harbour mozzies and their larvae...However because of the rains,the creek tends to flow fairly constantly upsetting mozzies who tend to prefer still water....

We found most mozzies tend to annoy you whilst having dinner...They tend to lurk under tables....However,the resorts and restaurants place coils beneath the tables....

10. Re: Nang Thong beach it Nang thong Bay Reosrt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:23