We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hookworm | Cutaneous Larva Migrans

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hookworm | Cutaneous Larva Migrans

I know this May be an odd question, but I have just watched a programme that talks about travellers getting this from beaches, caused by dog or cat faeces or any animal faeces, has anyone heard of anyone getting this in khao lak? Should we wear beach shoes all the time?

Hookworm cuteaneous larva migrans

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,102 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hookworm | Cutaneous Larva Migrans

There are not nearly as many stray dogs on Khao Lak's beaches these days and can't remember seeing any cats in all our years here and certainly dog or cat poo has never been a visible or avoidable obstacle on any of Khao Lak's miles and miles of beaches. The only time I wear my Crocs is when we are walking over shells or dead coral. You might need surf shoes or the like to go in the sea at some locations because of the dead coral pieces near the shore.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hookworm | Cutaneous Larva Migrans

Thanks Arendora, your help has been appreciated.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hookworm | Cutaneous Larva Migrans

I saw that programme too. I agree with Arandora so don't worry. I have to say after watching that programme why I LOVE Khao Lak so much. The lovely quiet beaches, NOT packed like sardines like they were in Cyprus on that programme. I have been to Cyprus too and liked it but I didn't like the look of the packed beach last night.

4. Re: Hookworm | Cutaneous Larva Migrans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18