We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

Hoping you can help me decide. I have the choice of a 3rd floor seaview room at Nang Thong 1 ( beachfront bungalows are booked out) or a beachfront bungalow at Nang Thong 2.

Nang Thong 1 was my first choice upon reading the reviews. This is for February.

Thanking you for your help.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

Beachfront at NTBR2 is better than a seaview room, set back from the beach at NTBR1 IMO.

Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

Walked around NTBR2 whilst staying at NTBR1 and in my opinion it's just as nice... only difference really is no out door shower, pool looks just as nice perhaps a little smaller and no swim up bar but that wasn't operational at NTBR1 when we were there beginning of May 2014 anyway.

IMO I'd go for the b/front bungalow at 2 :)

Edited: 29 May 2014, 22:56
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

3rd floor seaview will be looking through the tree tops, go for the bungalow at NTBR2 or a garden bungalow on row 2 at NTBR1 which look at the sea between the beachfront bungalows if any are available.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
138 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

I am staying in 3rd floor apartment, as mentioned trees have taken over from sea view which I quite like anyway. However if you are looking for that sea view, NT2 bungalow would probably best suit your needs.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
281 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

Go No2 great smaller hotel, both are a couple hundred meters on the flat apart & if you like they will take you all in the golf cart.

Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

Thankyou for all your advice..

I have decided to book the beachfront bungalow at Nang Thong 2- I had also been given the option of a garden view bungalow at Nang Thong 1 but a beachview is more appealing. We will certainly be visiting Nang Thong 1 and perhaps book earlier for next time- it must be very popular for the beachfront bungalows to be booked out 9 months in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

Agrees with Tezzat and jem....About 80% loss of ocean view in the third floor rooms....

We stayed in a garden bungalow which is the same price as a third floor room and loved the GB amongst the beautiful tropical garden....

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

I've stayed in Nang Thong 1 Garden Bungalow, really only 20 meters to the beach, I would defiantly stay there again....We are planning a trip 2015 Jan and are looking at Nang Thong Resort 1 for Family Rooms this time.... Good Luck and enjoy your trip!!!

9. Re: Nang Thong 1 or Nang Thong 2 accommodation question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak