We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Boom Boom open at the moment?

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is Boom Boom open at the moment?

Hi, my family and I are enjoying fabulous Khao Lak for the first time at The Sands. I have heard many of the beach restaurants are closed during the low season and due to recent storm damage. Does anyone know if Boom Boom is open (or any other recommendations for a good seafood restaurant on the beach that is open?). Also, how far is Boom Boom from The Sands??

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,362 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Boom Boom open at the moment?

The Boom Boom is on Pak Weeb Beach in the strip of restaurants between the Beyond and the Mai Khao Lak Resorts. Most of those restaurants closed because of beach conditions with a recent report mentioning Ma Ma's and Elicious re-opening but no mention of Boom Boom.The latest review is dated 29th May. It is about 20 minutes north of the Sands by taxi. Tel.No and Email address are in the review listing at tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g297914-…

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Boom Boom open at the moment?

I dont think so. We returned from Beyond this morning and when we left. Ma Ma's, Elicious, first bar and Sabai Sabai had re opened and it looked as though Rasta bar might have reopened. Lots of the massage places too.

When we arrived on 13th June nothing was open as there had been a massive storm the night before that must have caused serous damage. More and more were opening each day and we were impressed with the difference between our first and last day. It was like something out of list when we arrived but there was a good vibe yesterday.

3. Re: Is Boom Boom open at the moment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:16