We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing travellers cheques in Khao Lak

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Changing travellers cheques in Khao Lak

Hi everyone

I've been to Khao Lak a couple of times and changed travellers cheques in Thailand before but cannot remember the name of the best bank to change at?

The fee to change one cheque was about 30-33THB last year as far I can remember.

Is that correct?

Please inform me of the best bank in khao Lak to attend to this matter.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing travellers cheques in Khao Lak

You can change TCs at any of the banks in Bang La On where all the main banks have branches. I'm aftraid the charge has now gone up to 153 baht per cheque, almost in line with the charge for using an ATM which was 150 baht but is now 180 baht per withdrawal. So if using TCs bring the largest denomination American Express ones. Avoid the TMB Bank (which is in Bang Niang) as it gives the lowest exchange rate.

For daily rates at all the banks have a look at …daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing travellers cheques in Khao Lak

Thank you Arandora!

We are in Koh Samui ATM and went to a couple of banks today and were surprised at the fee to change travellers cheques 153THB minimum for each one!

But good to know before we leave for khao Lak in the next couple of days... We will change here as same rate and next time bring more cash!

Hope the weather is as good in Khao Lak as Samui... It's been heaven :-)

3. Re: Changing travellers cheques in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak