We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and eating in Khao Lak

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping and eating in Khao Lak

Hi - we are staying at the JWM in September for 8 nights. Are you able to buy the same sort of things that can be bought in Phuket ie - vans, converse, billiabong t-shirts, hand bags?

Also looking for some recommendation for eating out as will not eat at the JWM as too expensive.

Any other tips or places of interest would be great.

thanks so much !!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,123 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping and eating in Khao Lak

Yea you can buy the same sort of copy goods as in Phuket but perhaps not as big a selection both on the shops in Bang La On and Bang Nuamg and the three afternoons a week market (Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays) in Bang Niang. There are many great restaurants near the market on the highway or on the besch road and more in Bang La On. Have. A look at the reviews which are very representative of regular recommendations on the forum. There are also beach restaurants to the right of the JWM. Whether any are open depends on beach conditions. There are two or three others also near the entrance to the resort.

As for things to do there are plenty of ideas in the Top Question FAQs on the right.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping and eating in Khao Lak

I bought a pair of genuine Converse high tops in a sport store in Bang La On...The price was exactly the same as the prices in Patong....Which is about half the price of Converse in Sydney....With a great selection of colors too...

And altho' it is a fixed price shop,I'm sure if you were to buy a few pairs,they will give a discount...

The sports shop is approximately opposite the Ga Restaurant on the main road/highway.....Fairly easy to find,It is also close to Maccas on the same side of the road....

Please tell me the shop is still there Alan....!!..??..

Highly recommend the Bang Niang markets too.....

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
737 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping and eating in Khao Lak

Hi coco tang,

Yes the sports shop is still there I was in there last night. They do have a great range of converse, that's true!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping and eating in Khao Lak

Thanks Mr/Mrs.parkers....I was afraid that the shop might have folded because when we were there in 2012 during low season,businesses were very slow due to lack of shoppers and tourists....

A whole bunch of shop attendants tho',probably about 8 or 9 and we were the only shoppers...Myself and Anny...!!...

Great to hear you're in Khao Lak and obviously enjoying everything that place has to offer....

lexi...There is also an interesting shop in Khuk Khak which is closer to JWM....The shop is on the corner as you turn off the highway and down towards the rear food markets which are behind the shops...Directly opposite the 7/11 shop which is on the opposite corner...This shop has everything from funny little nick nacks to backpacks to hardware/t-shirts to electric guitars....Just lots of stuff...!!

5. Re: Shopping and eating in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 12:35
6. Re: Shopping and eating in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:17