We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
787 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

Hi, we will be in Khao Lak for Xmas Day with our 2 kids and just wondering if there is anything special going on for Xmas Day in Khao Lak??

I realize that Thais don't celebrate Christmas, but interested to know what to expect will be happening around the place on Xmas Day........

1. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 11:05
2. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 11:05
3. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 10:57
4. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 11:16
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,356 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

My previous reply removed and amended more appropriately - even though I am a Brit!

Xmas in Khao Lak is low key with celebrations in most resorts, some restaurants dressing up and offering Xmas fayre and on fireworks on the beach as happens at most beach destinations world-wide. New Year's Eve is much more celebratory with even more spectacular firework displays to herald in the New Year.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

I agree that Khao Lak is very low key, especially compared to what people in Australia and Europe are used to. Therefore most of the celebration would be at hotels and restaurants that caters a lot of people from those parts of the world. Sorry for my comment about brits, but I didn't think you were fair.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,356 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

Thank you. My comment was addressed at the first post and should not have included you. Anyway back on topic now. :-)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

Hi Becstar

we spent Xmas in Phuket in 2012 and although the Thai's don't celebrate Xmas like we do they make it all look very special for us westerners, Xmas trees, decorations & lights up and xmas carols in Thai playing around the place, (I loved that) it was all so different but very special and lovely :)

we done the gala dinner on Xmas eve at the resort which was fun and then Xmas day done the helli ride over Phi Phi (expensive but an unforgettable xmas day) not that you have to do that but just get out of the norm xmas that we do at home and go with the flow and do something special that you will all enjoy and not forget on xmas day :)

Khao Lak as said will be much lower key than Phuket but very special and lovely all the same, just to be there at this time and a nice lunch at a beach restaurant would be great

what ever you do you and the boys will love it

cheers

Mossy :)

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

Well with the first 4 posts being deleted I have no idea what those posts were about haha!!

But anyway back on topic thanks!!

We totally understand that Xmas is not celebrated in Thailand like we do at home in Australia, and that is also another reason why we are going to be there for Xmas! (however, with young kids, we still do have to make an effort of some sorts!!)

Maybe lunch at White Sands Beach might be the go........

And we will be in Phuket for NYE so realize that will be bit more of a party atmosphere for sure YAY!!

I soooo can't wait for December 23 to come around :)))

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: XMas Day - anything special to do or go to with kids?

Exciting Becs you will all have a ball :)

Maybe do Tachai or khao sok and lakes on Xmas day :)

I can't wait till 23rd dec too but different place, shame we miss each other but might get a chance after NYE :)