We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from hotel or private company?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions from hotel or private company?

Hi,

I be staying in La Flora at the end of December/beginning of January.

The hotel offer plenty of half and full day excursions and i have been looking through their brochure.

Is it best to stick with hotels for these trips, I'm presuming there is a premium paid for going direct through the hotel and could be done cheaper externally, or would it be a better option to go through an external company?

Thanks for any info

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,828 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from hotel or private company?

Tours are very competitive and most hotels and tour agents draw on the same pool of operators. With a hotel booking you might get a private transfer to a pier if you are going on a snorkel tour but otherwise unless you have booked a private tour you will probably be picked up in the same minibus as others who have probably paid less. There are several tour shops in Bang Niang not far from the La Flora, so shop around there. One of them on the main road just past the Rusty Pelican Mexican Restaurant is Dior Travel and the owner Lora as well as booking tours is also a qualified and experienced guide and will arrange a personalised guided tour for you. Tour companies to have a look at On-line to see what they offer include Green Andaman Travel (based on the highway in Bang Niang - see http://www.greenandamantravel.com/ ) and Khao Lak Land Discovery (office next to Nang Thong Supermarket down the road in Bang La On where there more tour shops - see www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/eng/index.php… )

If you want comments on specific tours plenty of time to ask or look at reviews in Things to Do on the green menu bar.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from hotel or private company?

Arandora,

Thanks for the info.

I'll contact the tour companies that you mentioned to get comparable prices.

Thanks again.

3. Re: Excursions from hotel or private company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 06:16