We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flesh eating Fish pedicure

dof
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
355 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Flesh eating Fish pedicure

Has anyone experienced this and is there somewhere in Cha am or Hua Hin where it is available?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
500 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flesh eating Fish pedicure

I had this done on Phi Phi. Before getting into the tank the women at the spa sat me down in a foot bath and washed my feet and legs of all lotions, and checked for any open scratches or sores. I had a couple of bug bites/raw spots from lots of walking, so they very carefully bandaged the areas to restrict that skin from the fish. It was all very clean and methodical.

If you do go they say you should go early in the day when the fish are hungry.

It was the funkiest/creepiest/ticklish thing ever...I loved it!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Flesh eating Fish pedicure

There have been reports in Thailand of infections supposedly resulting from these fish pedicures. A few days ago the government announced controls over how they will be allowed to operate.

Essex
Level Contributor
194 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flesh eating Fish pedicure

My husband and I had the fish pedicure in Kanchanaburi last April. I agree it was the strangest feeling ever, and yes our feet were fabulous for many days afterwards. However, on returning home my husband was admitted to hospital with cellulitis in his leg. It started in his ankle and worked its way up to just below the knee. Extremely painful, and resulted in ten days hospital and four weeks treatment from district nurses. The doctor treating him said that the most likely cause was an infection gained from the fish pedicure. I must say ~ I had no ill effects whatsoever. But as the saying goes...you pays your money and takes your chances

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flesh eating Fish pedicure

Cellulitis - Wow! I would have just been worried about athlete's foot and verrucas, but cellulitis .... sh*t!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
185 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flesh eating Fish pedicure

If sanitation is concerned - how is putting your feet in a tank of water could be worse than swimming in the ocean? Just wondering…

16. Re: Flesh eating Fish pedicure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am