We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

tel aviv
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

I was amny times in thailand but i go oftern to samui and krabi

is cha-am recommend? can i meet european people or its mostly for thai

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

If you wanted that area Hua Hin ( which is next to Cha Am ) is much busier with more things to see and do.

Both are popular destinations for Thai and overseas visitors.

Whether you will enjoy is down to how you want to spend your days and evenings. ?

Hua Hin / Cha Am are nothing like Koh Samui or Krabi at all.

The area has places of historical and cultural interest, nature parks etc.

Hua Hin and Cha Am retain their Thai style and have not altered their 'style' as much as many other places.

I think we need to know more how you want to enjoy your days and evenings to realise if it would suit you or not.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Cha-am
Cha-am
Phetchaburi Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,748 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

Ch Am (like Hua Hin) has many scandanavian people, I gotta admit I found them to be generally very friendly in both places.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

cha is quiet in the week and busy at the weekends.......if you want a quiet holiday cha is the place......there are not many bars...you wont get hassled...but theres enough to do...depends what you are looking to do!....beach is good..they clear the beach one day a week..l think its weds for cleaning......but you can still use it of course.......try looking on u tube ..under cha am for a look round the night market beach town etc..its safe there.....its not like pattya.........you wont find stipm shows and bar girls in cha am.......2 hours from bangkok..so plenty of thia people.....but you will find euopeans there too........l enjoy the laid back of the place...hua hin 20 mins by car away is more busy...good luck

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

I would say Hua Hin would suit you more. cha m is very quite, so harder to strike up a convo. Hua hin is busier but still nice. You will feel very sagfe and there will be more people to strike a convo up with.

Alternatively, many of the hotels in cha am run shuttles into hua hin.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

in a word yes........most of the hotels if not all will have euopean people staying there and around cha am hau hin you will see plenty........its the weekends when the thia people ,,,l guess come down from bangko for the weekend and go to the beach.............but in the week mon to fri its quiet.....theres a few bars......but l always end up chatting to euopeans .....and also thais......just makes it a bit of fun.....quiet a few ducth .....scandinvia too.........few brits german etc.......but cha is no holiday resort as such.......its more just hotels by the beach ..few bars good eating.....good market in cha am.....but if you want to party its not the place......lve know resterants close at 9 pm if there in nobody in!!!!.....its not a pattaya........but l like it quiet....have fun....cheers

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

One thing I would say about Cha am , there are loads of quite nasty dogs in packs.

7. Re: As a single women will you recoomed Cha-am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am