We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

Hi,

I'm traveling to Bangkok in coming mid of July 2013, and want to visit Cha am's attraction place which is the Santorini Park & the Swiss Sheep Farm, and want to shop at Hua Hin as else. So would it be better i stay at Cha am or Hua Hin? Could someone please do recommend and give some suggestion?

Thanks for your reply!

Resha

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

Hua Hin is a lot bigger than Cha Am, more resaurants, just much busier and more busy.

Santorini and the Sheep Farm are close to Cha Am but still easily reachable from Hua hin also, best to do Santorini first as that is on the left heading north and then do sheep farm on the way back.

A reminder as I mentioned on anothe post of yours is that Berjaya fly non stop from Kuala Lumpur Subang Airport to Hua Hin airport which is right next to Cha Am also

Edited: 30 May 2013, 12:06
Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

I would recommend that you stay in hua hin as the guest houses are dirty and not looked after in chaam, plus locals from bangkok come to chaam at weekends and do karaoke until the early hours in rented rooms. Motorbikes with no exhausts race down the small streets, its like a mad house. Huavhin has clean beaches and no problem with starving dogs on the beach.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,197 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

I would suggest staying in Hua Hin and doing whatever attractions you want to do as trips out, taxis and car rental are easy to arrange and comparatively cheap.

There is a much better selection of restaurants/bars etc in Hua Hin and a great (though very crowded) night market. The beach and sea in Hua Hin are fine particularly if you walk along a little from the town center where it is quieter.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

Definitely stay in Hua Hin .........stretches of beach are more "private" and in general Hua Hin is less noisy and less blemished by motorcycles and loud crowds. 180 degree views and stretches of sand. Make sure to have the coconut mango sweet rice here.....it's the best ever ! Great market as well. Got new luggage here for a song.

Maldegem, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

During the week Cha-Am is a great place to be. People are very nice and open. Beach is nice, cleaned every wednesday. Hua Hin is good if you want to be in a 100% tourist place. Meaning loads of people trying to sell you stuff etc... Cha- Am has a few very good restaurants with good food and honest friendly people running things. Cha-Am has a very good Thaiboxing Gym if you are in to the sport. Run by Rosalie Berghuis and her husband Sompod Thotla. It's also an oitdoor fitness facility and a very relaxing place to be at and do some excercice. Birds sounds are never far away. Both Rosalie & Sompod are World Class Thaiboxing experts and will train everybody from beginner to pro-fighters. Rosalie is also working for Fox Travel Agency and is a big plus if you want to travel around and want to know all the in & outs. Also she will be happy to explain to you how to travel and dont spend more money then needed. She nows every good restaurant and hotel around and will just make your stay more valuable. Just ask her to ad her on facebook.

So, for me Cha-Am over Hua Hin !!

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

We staying in Cha am right now and we love it!

I know it is the "quiet" season but it is SO peaceful and relaxing. We are in the Regent beach Cha am, right next to a small village with a 7 eleven, several bars and restaurants, massage salons etc.

We have also been down to Hua hin a few times to the night market, the piers etc and enjoy that as well!

It is busier but still comfortable. We pay 600 baht return about £12 which is very reasonable ( the driver even waits and brings you home, 3/4 hours later (no extra cost!)

So it's personal preference really, what accommodation you want? how many times do you want to visit the night markets etc?

Whatever you choose I'm sure you will have a GREAT time!!

Oh well time to go out and eat in Cha Am this evening at the Bow Tie restaurant right next to the Regent beach, absolutely superb food at a great price!!!

Happy holidays......

7. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 10:05
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

a vote for cha am, unless you want more western tourist around you with higher priced everything geared to them. both get local weekenders from bkk.

i would pass on both attractions you mention, unless having very small children, as they are crap.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

Have to say we prefer staying in Cha am as well, there are quite a few very nice hotels and not dirty at all. We have stayed at Nirundorn Resort a couple of times now and really enjoy it there. Plenty of things to see in and do in the area, including the places on your list and your not far from Hua Hin for shopping.

Cathy

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would it recommeded to stay at Cha am or Hua Hin?

has to be cha am every time

Get answers to your questions about Cha-am
Recent Conversations