We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber in Chiang Rai now?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Mae Hong Son
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Uber in Chiang Rai now?

I received a message from Uber today saying that Uber has been available in Chiang Rai since 10 March. Just curious: is anyone using it there and are they already plenty of drivers?

17 replies to this topic
1. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 April 2017, 11:35

2. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 March 2017, 03:35

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Mae Hong Son
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

Dennis: so by asking whether anyone has tried Uber in Chiang Rai, how exactly does that promote their service?

4. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

Removed on: 20 April 2017, 11:35
Edited: 20 April 2017, 11:35

5. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

Removed on: 20 March 2017, 11:35
Edited: 20 March 2017, 11:35

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

I was there last week but did not know it was available. Haven't tried it.

Safe Travels,

Broder

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

I tried it and it worked except right now. Now it says no cars available which I found strange. It's Friday night which MAY play a part. But I used it on a Thursday night without any issue.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

Thanks for sharing. Good new information.

Broder

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

You can use Grab Taxi here, it's widely available.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber in Chiang Rai now?

I tried it and it worked great during my time there this week. Highly recommend it since you don't have to hassle with the taxis to use their meter and you know the amount you are going to pay before hand.

Reply to: Uber in Chiang Rai now?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted