We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
41 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

Hello

is there any particular tea plantation better than another one in the region? I can see that there is the one in mae salong but also Choui Fong.

Would appreciate your input!

thanks

Nicolas

8 replies to this topic
Chiang Rai, Thailand
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

Hi,

If you like to try the best tea in Chiang Rai, you should go up to Maesalong. the best Tea farm called Wangpud tal. they have got many varieties of teas there. well, the one near the city called Singha park tea farm but you have take their Tram and going around the farm then taste on there.

Cheers,

Tour in Chiang Rai

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

What's the food and coffee like at Singha park?

Chiang Rai, Thailand
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

I think, they have got all kinds of Thai and Western food but they sell Tea not really coffee.

Cheers,

Tour in Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

Singha Park has a passable Thai restaurant and an excellent Pizzeria

In the Tea Plantations you can ignore the signs that say touching the leaves causes irritation, it doesn't. I suspect they get fed up of people pulling off a leaf and nibbling it.

Edited: 29 October 2017, 01:56
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

Pizza is fine. Have to sample the tea leaves though. Thats why you go to a farm.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
41 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

Thanks, I ended up spening a whole day in the mountains at mae salong at enjoyed a long visit at Tea 101 which was fantastic!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

I liked Singha Park but you have to get the tour bus once there. It's 50 baht. If you don't get the bus and try and do it on your own then you miss a lot of the attractions. The tour guide only speak Thai, though, no English.

The one at Mae Salong is just tea fields, as advertised. I'm sorry but a tea field is a tea field and I'm bored of it in under 60 seconds, as I would be a maize field or any other field. I'm sure there's probably a place there to buy tea and sample it and whatever but even so. At least Singha Park has a bunch of other things to see/do at the same time.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area

What is the contact number or email of these?

Wawee Tea Plantation in Chiang Rai

Choui Fong Tea Plantation in Chiang Rai

Anyone can help?

Reply to: Tea plantations in Chiang Rai area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted