We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book a Guide

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
When to book a Guide

Hi all we are planning a trip to CR August 2013. Air already booked.

When should I start communicating with a guide.

Do not want to start too early but curious re timeline to firm up up toursetc.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book a Guide

As soon as you want, the really good and popular guides get booked up well in advance, Jermsak and Mr Cha being two that are particularly well liked on this forum - get in touch and they can help to start to put an itinerary together.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book a Guide

Yes, as soon as you can. There are a number of good guides in Chiang Rai, but it is only a small place and they get booked well ahead.

Caroline.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book a Guide

Thank you both. Have made contact with a guide and looking at the different options.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book a Guide

I would start booking now. In order to book Jermsak I usually confirm him for the next trip while I am still with him on a current trip. On the other hand, have occasionally contacted him with a week's notice and happened to catch him with an open day or two. But, if you want a confirmed booking, do it now. August is a relatively slow season so you should still find good guide availability.

Safe Travels,

Broder

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book a Guide

If all your travel plans are in place book the guide now, no point in waiting.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to book a Guide

We went ahead and contacted Jermsak and have booked him for 2 days . He has sent along some tour options and I will likely firm up our tours in New Year.

7. Re: When to book a Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 21:15