We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

country victoria
Level Contributor
629 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Thought it was time to jot down our experiences from our latest excursion to Thailand. For the first time we travelled to Chiangrai and what a great time we had.

our party consisted of my husband and I, our twin son and daughter aged 14 and my aunt from Scotland that travelled out to meet us in Kuala Lumpur. she joined us for our three week holiday in Thailand and it was her first trip there.

i have to thank Caroline for her on going help with our plans to CR and especially for reccomending Jermsak to us. What a true gem he is and anyone lucky enough to book his services can well and truely sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!! nothing is a problem and he goes well and truely beyond the call of duty.

we organised two full day trips with Jermsak and what great days they were. our tours included the White Temple, The Black House, tea plantations, hilltribe visits, but the highlight was our rafting trip up the Maekok river. our Bamboo raft was very spacious and comfortable with a chair on demand if needed. we sat on cushions and I found them to be fine. Jermsak had his wife Da travel with us, she made a beautiful lunch for us (one of the best meals we had on the whole trip).

We really got to see a totally different Thailand with the added bonus of Jermsak with all his knowledge. we loved how he knew so much about his Province (which he loves and is proud of), his english is impecible, I only wish I knew as much Thai as he does, English!

We stayed at I-House Hotel in CR and found it to be great for the money. A short walk to town, huge rooms, huge beds (softer than normal thai beds) very clean and quiet. breakfast wasnt much to rave about but for less than $20 a night, whos complaining?

Highlight for me was definately the time we spent with Jermsak and I am now hastily trying to book his services for October, when i take my group of 6 girlfriends for their very first experience of Chiangrai, he is a very popular man!!

Shona

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Fabulous report Shona.

Thanks for posting this.

Caroline.

country victoria
Level Contributor
629 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

thanks Caroline,

also thanks to iwanttogoshopping, you were an inspiration to re-post, loved your report and I bet it was a real hoot going on holidays with you!!!! loved all your reports, just hanging around waiting for the Bangkok one!!!! NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING LOL

shona

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Thanks for posting this, Shona - great inspiration for our trip later this year.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing!

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Lovely post Shona. And my most sincere apologies for any offence I may have given to you earlier.

I hope you have a Fab time here with your girlfriends, be careful doing any selfless research into alcoholic beverages for the benefit of us all in the TA community too!

Edited: 06 May 2013, 10:21
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Thanks again for posting your JBR shona.

We find when it's cold at home and our thoughts are of distant lands, reading a JBR can warm our hearts.

Have fun

Brisbane
Level Contributor
337 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Thanks so much Shona - a JBR is the very best way to get insights from others who have just discovered with fresh eyes all the delights of exploring new places, so many thanks for re-posting. It's deeply appreciated.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Shona,

Great JBR. Thanks for sharing and taking us all back to lovely Chiang Rai.

9. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 October 2013, 06:44
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jbr- Another wonderful trip to Thailand. April 2013

Thank you Shona for reposting this JBR. I love to read JBRs such as yours, as I can close my eyes and find myself drifting back to those memorable holiday moments. Sharing your experience will assist a lot of travelers in planning their trips.

Broder