We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Night Market

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday Night Market

Hi everyone, could you please advise me how the Saturday Night Market compares to the Chiang Mai Sunday Market? We are going to be in both towns before we take the boat to Luang Prabang but because of the timing can only do one of the markets. Which one do you recommend?

Thanking you Jan

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Saturday Night Market

A night cap in the Cat Bar would likely prove to be an enjoyable time. There is live music, usually a jam session, that starts about 10 p.m.

Safe Travels,

Broder

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Saturday Night Market

I remember going to the Saturday night walking market and I really loved it. Thanks for these restaurant suggestions...I'm going to look into them.

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Saturday Night Market

If you like live music and "The Eagles" you might enjoy Cabbages & Condoms restaurant, it's at the Hill Tribe Museum on the Walking Street, to my mind, it's not up to the standard of the two Broder mentioned, but if you are an Eagles fan, it's a great atmosphere and a hoot to hear the Thai singers try to pronounce the English words.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Saturday Night Market

Thanks, Bruce. We will be in Chiang Rai for 2 nights so just might give it a try as I am an Eagles fan. D

somerset
Level Contributor
472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Saturday Night Market

H Dave, as Broder says the Cat bar is a nice place to unwind, I have not been to Cabbges & Condoms bar yet but might try when I am there. I will be there from the 6th Nov for a week with my g/f so if you are there we might meet up also I hope to meet with some of Broders friends one evening. Broder and I have never met up yet as our timings always seem to be a few weeks out but we will one day. Have great timeAndy

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Saturday Night Market

Nice thought Andy but we won't be there until 8-10 February. D

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Saturday Night Market

Just re-reading this thread some 10 weeks after my last post. Now really excited about our visit to Chiang Rai in February. Am I right that we don't need to book restaurants there, particularly Aekocha? How was your visit Andy?

Edited: 30 December 2013, 19:55
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Saturday Night Market

No need to book any restaurants.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Saturday Night Market

You do not need to book reservations but if you are in a larger group and might want a private room, Aekocha will take a reservation.

Broder

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Saturday Night Market

Thanks Bruce and Broder. Happy New Year to you and yours.