We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Rai accommodation

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg
Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Chiang Rai accommodation

My husband and I will be arriving in Chiang Rai on the 11 Feb and although we have no plan as to the length of our stay we think that it will probably be for 2 nights. Can someone recommend a good place to stay - we have a fairly generous budget. We think it would be good to stay near the night market, clock tower etc. but are a bit lost as to what would be best.

Hope someone can help

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Rai accommodation

Just spent 3 nights at baan jaru, a new guesthouse very central. Very new and beautifully appointed. We loved it and will be returning. We booked via booking.com but you will get a better rate by direct email.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Rai accommodation

Thanks Sue will contact them

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Rai accommodation

Hi, I tried looking for their email (Baan Jaru) online a few days ago. Do you have it, or point me to where you found it? Thanks

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiang Rai accommodation

Le Patta hotel is only a few months old and right in the centre of town, about 2,500 baht/ night up.

I have stayed there and loved it, there is no better hotel in the downtown area.

Bruce

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chiang Rai accommodation

If you have a generous budget, I would choose Le Patta. It is just a couple of blocks from the clock tower, is a brand new hotel and the price range is about 2,500 to 3,000 baht per night depending on the type of room you choose. There are not many other good options in the downtown area unless you are interested in a guest house experience.

If you don't mind being outside of town about 7 to 8 minutes Le Meridien is a fabulous 5 star hotel.

Safe Travels,

Broder

6. Re: Chiang Rai accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:19