We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please on how to see the sunrise at phu chi fa

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
help please on how to see the sunrise at phu chi fa

Currently staying at orchids guest house in chiang rai & planning on leaving  tomorrow. Heading to laos but want to see the sun rise over the border of Thailand & Laos at Phu Chi Fa first.

I appreciate I will need to stay over the night before close to Phu Chi Fa which is fine but I have no idea how to get there or any cheap guest houses.

Desperately need some help please.

Have been advised to catch the bus from chiang rai bus station at 9.30am to Thoeng & then get a tuk tuk or something to phu chi fa which is about an hour to hour and half away.

Is this right? Is there another way?

Please can someone help me.

Many thanks

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help please on how to see the sunrise at phu chi fa

Take a look at this post from today on the Chiang Rai Province forum. Perhaps you could private message the poster.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1396421-i25228-k7…

Broder

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help please on how to see the sunrise at phu chi fa

Alas, I suspect we are too late to be useful.

However, to get to Laos (as a foreigner, there are other ways for locals), you need to get to Chiang Khong, there is no easy way from Phu Chi Fa.

I have only visited Phu Chi Fa by motorbike, but there are tour vans going there with a very early start from Chiang Rai.

You might be lucky in town and find a tour operator doing Phu Chi Fa first and then onto Chiang Khong and from there other places and simply get off at CK and don't get back on the bus, but as I said, I guess we're too late.

Good luck

Bruce

3. Re: help please on how to see the sunrise at phu chi fa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 13:20