We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Hua Hin.

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Hua Hin.

Heading to Hua Hin in June for 2 weeks, Wife is concerned that they wont be sufficient shopping there to feed her compulsive shopping habit.! Is she better to shop in Bangkok before we head down to Hua Hin?

Any suggestions on were she might quench her thirst for shopping in Hua Hin would be greatfully appreciated as this will make my life a whole lot more bearable.

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Shopping in Hua Hin.

i have been reading various posts on Hua Hin trying to make up my mind whether my husband would like it. Having been to Bangkok several times whilst on holiday to the numerous islands he likes the food and bartering with the locals on the beach. A mix of shopping , sun , good food and near the centre and yet far enough away is always his criteria . This particular post was very helpful , thankyou.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Shopping in Hua Hin.

HI there we went to Cha am three years ago and visited hua hin for our shopping,especially the night market, We bought a table cloth, candle holder, wall hanging made from silk and my mother in-law bought a beautiful pair of saphire earings (maybe you don't want to hear that!) which matched a pendant that she had bought previously from the goverment recommened jem gallery in Bangkok. We also visitied the Cha-am night market and bought thai ointments (pungent green stuff that is amazing for sportss injerys, artheritis or any other aches and pains-very cheap). You had to sift through the stalls but we came away with some nice blouses and pedal pushers. this was a few years back and I was a dress size smaller!!!! The only problem with going to thai markets is that if you are a size 10 or 12 you tend to have to get a large or extra large size, great if you are having a fat day! I wore long wrap round skirts to I could stuff on underneath as they would let you try on for size. We liked hua hin lots of lovely restaurants and it felt really safe.

23. Re: Shopping in Hua Hin.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 14:29
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin
Recent Conversations